Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Filament introduction improvement (big fingers issue)

Posted by Greg_be 
Filament introduction improvement (big fingers issue)
July 24, 2015 06:45AM
Hi,

I have some issues to put filament in this tiny hole with all this space around.
I just made a very small piece to help filament introduction.

Like I read in another thread, it's possible to use an STL to improve it in OpenScad, so I did.
You can use it as you wish (probably with little tuning after printing), maybe this can help someone with big fingers like me !

Greg
3D Newbie
Attachments:
open | download - filament_inner_guide.scad (227 bytes)
open | download - filament_inner_guide.stl (202.8 KB)
Re: Filament introduction improvement (big fingers issue)
September 23, 2015 11:56AM
Brilliant idea! Made some - they made a great difference geting that filament in!

Thank you
Paul
October 07, 2015 08:58AM
I get the impression there was a part there that got removed before the beta release, I hope they have fixed this before 1.0? Just a press-fit to jam in a piece of teflon tube would be a great help.
Though your part helps with threading the third hole, no you still have to thread the filament through 2 openings: one in the acrylic and on in the drive block. It should be one IMHO.
October 08, 2015 05:05AM
It was designed to be symmetric, so the extruder could drive filament into a Bowden tube in either direction. If you get a second Bowden tube, brass union and tongue, it will lock into the block, just like the other side. You can use this as a filament guide tube.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login