Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

99.9% done but still need some advice..

Posted by upsch2000 
99.9% done but still need some advice..
August 09, 2015 07:28PM
Hello everyone!

I have been following this forum since the very beginning.
I finally got mine as well but need some advice in two points.

The endstop bending is quite difficult.. After i homed the fitst time, they were triggered but somehow the motors did not go the other way..

The other thing is that in the hotend loom, one connector slips out sometimes and i have to put it back in with a plier..

I know they are some simple questions but they sre the only one i have so far.. Flashing and building everything took me about 8h. Even without the pictures complete in the docimentation i did not get much troubles.
Re: 99.9% done but still need some advice..
August 11, 2015 07:13AM
Hello Guys,

Sadly no one answered. My fisher is not homing at all...

Once the Endstop ist tiggered, it doesnt stop and keeps going up and hangs in the corner of the side panel.

Can somebody help me please smiling smiley?

Thanks in advance
August 11, 2015 08:41AM
[www.youtube.com]

Here is a video to the error, I Triend bending the endstops again and i have the same problem over again,..

Thanks again. .
August 11, 2015 11:26AM
To test your micro switches.
Using the web interface send the Gcode M18 to disable all the motors.
Move the three carriages by hand so they are not at the top (max)
Send M119 to request end stop status
Reply should be
Endstops - X: not stopped, Y: not stopped, Z: not stopped. If you don't get this the offending microswitch is open circuit, you need to check your connections, both ends (microswitch and duet).

If you now move the carriages to the top (max)
Send M119 again
Reply should be
Endstops - X: at max stop, Y: at max stop, Z: at max stop. If you don't get this then your microswitch is not operating.

Hope this helps
John
August 11, 2015 02:57PM
Looking at your video it seems as if the endstop isn't triggering at all. I can barely see the lever, which implies it isn't bent enough. Here's what mine look like:

August 11, 2015 03:38PM
Jeez how tight are your belts! I've got maybe 2 threads out of the nuts on the tensioners.

FWIW I only bent my endstops half as much as you did. I'm sure either is fine though.
August 11, 2015 05:15PM
Thanks to everyone who replied!!

I will try out some things right now:

Since the endstops are triggered by the endstops and the M119 command is working as it should, I will now check if the endstops really are for the motor that they are meant for.
August 11, 2015 05:16PM
Yeah, I should have mensioned, that I have changed the tensioners Screws to smaler ones because the carriages were hitting them after clicking with the endstop.

So.. no worries about it grinning smiley but thanks for the notice!
August 11, 2015 05:34PM
Yeah, Kind of my mistake...

Sorry guys.. Y and Z endstop were connected wrong. I just wanted to write first , before I do the test . So if anyone wonders why the carriages wont stop .. check the connections with M119 so that the endstop are the meant for the motor.
August 11, 2015 06:01PM
Ah! Mystery solved!

@Theolodian, my belts aren't as tight as you may think. I think the idler was screwed up a bit before the belt was fitted.
August 11, 2015 06:03PM
Up and Running !!!!!!!!! grinning smiley Thanx you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login