Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I am having extruder problems...

Posted by upsch2000 
I am having extruder problems...
August 15, 2015 08:53PM
Hello everyone.

I could print the first Roboter succesfully in white..
As soon as I got it printed, I sliced another file.. (Buddah) but the filament started slipping.

In order to solve these problems i have:

- Tensioned the screw on the extruder so there is more pressure on the wheel. - Did not work
- Redrilled the holes - did not work
- Changed the tube and drilled the holes (2.5mm). - did not work
- Reassembled, realigned the hobbed gear on the motor-- did not work
- Cleaned the hot end, by pushing every last bit of filament with a tiny hex key - did not work.

Has anyone some advice on this?

I dont seem to find the problem.

the best result i could get out of the tests was this one: (attached picture)

it looks like it is retraction problem, but I still cant manually extrude fast. it just slips,

I thank you guys in advance!

cheers!
Attachments:
open | download - Unbenannt.JPG (50.1 KB)
Re: I am having extruder problems...
August 16, 2015 02:40AM
Ah Blue, total pain. I have White Yellow and Red working but still struggling with Blue. To get the others working I had to calibrate the steps/mm on the extruder, reduce the retraction speed, I have to clean the hobbed insert every time I change filament, and temperature and diameter change with every filament colour. I have NOT had to make any physical modifications to the machine.
August 16, 2015 03:17AM
You think blue is a nightmare, try messing with black !
No adherence nor on the bed, nor between layers. Tried to up the temp, but no change.

To come again to you problem, if your filament doesn't goes through by hand, you must clean the nozzle (maybe more than 1 time) and tighten the pression screw, no other solution for myself (you have already checked the bowden dude hole)

Maybe check again the filament diameter to be sure you are not out of tolerance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2015 03:18AM by Greg_be.
August 16, 2015 05:30PM
Hey!

Thanx for al the answers.

I tried everything and in the first run it looks great... But then after a few layers, the filament starts to slip..
This is what i did :
I paused, extruded by hand succesfully... And started the print again.. (resumed)..

I will disassemple evthe hot end tomorrow. To see if there is andly blockage or i might have to ask RRP for some advice... Anyways thanx smiling smiley
August 18, 2015 05:52AM
I have had similar problems. I found that when I assembled the Bowden tube into the hot end there was a small gap between the tube and the nozzle. Any fast retract resulted in the filament stopping - caught on lip of nozzle. Cut tube, rethread using a 2.5mm drill end inserted in the tube after drilling out and threading with a nut and spanner. Made sure end as cut straight. This cured the problem. Also had to really tighten the tension screw really tight.
That seems to have sorted it out - am getting reliable prints now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login