Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Adding jog buttons to use with auto torch height controller

Posted by tm america 
Adding jog buttons to use with auto torch height controller
September 14, 2016 03:28PM
Hello and thanks in advance .I am using an old version of marlin with a megatronics v2.0.I am looking to add jog buttons for the z axis using a reastat for speed control. ..I would need to them to override the gcode and move the z axis in more of a real time instead of buffered..I know my code will need to look similar to the code listed on the big easy driver page for two or three button stepper motor control.Thing i am struggling with is where do i need to add my code?I added the pins to the pins h. I know i will need to add a section to the set up and in the loop.I am thinking the set up would need to be added to Accelstepper or stepper library? As i do not see anything in the motion control .h that would have to do with that?Any help would be greatly appreciated ..
Re: Adding jog buttons to use with auto torch height controller
October 19, 2016 10:57AM
bump
Re: Adding jog buttons to use with auto torch height controller
October 19, 2016 01:15PM
If you use RCBugFix, you will find a lot of people willing to jump in and help you. A lot of the developers are forward looking, and don't want to mess around with an older code base.

With that said... If you load up the RCBugFix branch, you can turn on Z-BabyStepping. That is very similar to what it sounds like you want to do. It uses the Encoder Wheel to Baby Step the various axis. But it would be almost trivial to have a button jog the Baby Step code one way and have another button jog it the other way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login