Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to use PHOTOGRAPH_PIN (M240) to take a picture

Posted by ajnordin 
How to use PHOTOGRAPH_PIN (M240) to take a picture
August 22, 2018 10:30PM
Hello,

I have looked around, but I cannot seem to find any info about how to use the M240 command to take a picture. I am just barely switching to Marlin 1.1.9 on my good ol' RAMPS 1.4 Chinese clone. I have seen this feature in previous versions and kept it in mind until I was ready to use it. Now that I want to try this, I can't find anything or anyone talking about it.

Here is all that it says in Marlin (and this is the most I've seen about it anywhere):

// M240  Triggers a camera by emulating a Canon RC-1 Remote
// Data from: [www.doc-diy.net]
//#define PHOTOGRAPH_PIN     23

It is very unclear if the emulation of the remote is built into Marlin. Do I just connect an IR LED diode to the pin with a current limiting resistor, and marlin does the rest with emulating the IR remote signal? Am I supposed to make the remote and use ramps to simply trigger a transistor to activate the remote? I have no Idea.

I hope this isn't coming off the wrong way, because I think Marlin is freaking amazing and that everyone who has contributed to it are awesome in every way possible. It just doesn't say much about this.

So, has anyone ever used this feature successfully? Or can anyone tell me something new about this, or even point me in the right direction?
Thank you so much, I appreciate any and all help.
Re: How to use PHOTOGRAPH_PIN (M240) to take a picture
August 23, 2018 12:03AM
Yes the timing/emulation is built in [reprap.org]

yes you just need a ir led and current limiting resistor
Re: How to use PHOTOGRAPH_PIN (M240) to take a picture
August 24, 2018 01:44AM
Great! Thank you! This really helps! I will definitely be trying this soon!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login