Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A certified (CE, UL, FCC...) PCB that can run Marlin

Posted by ShaharB 
A certified (CE, UL, FCC...) PCB that can run Marlin
August 05, 2019 09:25AM
Hi,

Seems that the issue of certifying boards is not so much in the minds of printer makers and PCB makers... smiling smiley

Maybe someone here knows if there is any Arduino Mega 2560 board that is certified and for which Marlin can be adapted?

Obviously such a board could not be in the same RAMPS price range. That's perfectly OK.

I am working on building a custom printer and my customer has this requirement.
For development phase I am using an MKS board, but that would not be good enough when switching to "production".

Googling, I only came up with this Ultimaker board
Which I believe should have some certification since Ultimaker has their "declaration of conformity"

Any hint would be really appreciated!
Many thanks
VDX
Re: A certified (CE, UL, FCC...) PCB that can run Marlin
August 05, 2019 10:01AM
... I'm using ArduinoDue with self designed shields (to isolate the I/O's and levelshift them from 3.3V to 5V) as controllers in our "industrial" CNC-boards ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
August 06, 2019 02:57AM
Many thanks VDX for your reply.

Following your answer:
If I understand correctly, Marlin 2.0 will run on some very popular 32-bit MCUs (e.g. part of the STM32 family)
This theoretically will allow it to be adapted to a variety of boards, such as the Arduino Due.

I wonder how difficult would it be to adapt it to a general purpose kit such as the STM32F4DISCOVERY.
I also wonder how long would it take before 32bit RAMPS-compatible boards will start popping up.
Hopefully at least some of them might have some kind of certification... (-:

Anyhow, thanks again!
August 07, 2019 02:25AM
Duet WiFi is CE certified, but I don't know whether there is a completed Marlin port for it yet. The CE certification tests were done running RepRapFirmware.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 07, 2019 08:39AM
Thanks dc42,

The Duet WiFi looks interesting. I'll look for an existing Marlin port for it.

With regard to: "The CE certification tests were done running RepRapFirmware"
I don't think the exact FW should matter too much. After all, you also are probably not re-certificating after each RepRapFirmware code change...

Thanks again,
SB
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login