Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

M600 Makes Nozzle Crash Into Part

Posted by Quintin9801 
M600 Makes Nozzle Crash Into Part
November 08, 2019 06:36PM
I have a Modix Big60 printer running Marlin 1.1.9B, it has a filament sensor that gets used on almost every part because of how large the parts are. When the sensor is switched the printer initiates a filament change with M600. However, when this happens, the nozzle moves down a couple mm and squishes the part before coming back up and going into the park position. The reverse happens when resuming a print after the filament change, The nozzle moves into the correct X/Y position and then goes down a couple mm to far, then raises to the correct height and continues printing.
This problem affects the finish of the part in a minor way but it seems like something that can be fixed. I'm not sure if this is a case of relative positioning vs. absolute positioning because of the park feature working perfectly fine. I've also tried using the M600 Z"number" to add a relative lift but it seems like it goes down into the part and then goes up the extra distance. The printer also uses UBL, could that effect where the nozzle goes during a filament change? Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2019 06:38PM by Quintin9801.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login