Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with Marlin 2.0.X and EZABL

Posted by commo81 
Help with Marlin 2.0.X and EZABL
December 07, 2019 03:24PM
I bought an MKS SGEN L 32 bit board to put Marlin 2.0.X on for my ender 3 pro. It was an upgrade as well as the TFT28 with WIFI. I am having a horrible time with my EZABL sensor. I am not sure if it is the firmware or the hardware. The board is an LPC1768 chip. ( have a MKS GEN L ATMEGA on its way.) I am having a horrible time getting the EZABL to activate Z stop. it's currently plugged into Z_MIN plug on the sense and ground pins only. The original melzi board has a 2 pin connector. My switches are normally-closed for my end stops. If I home the Z axis and stick my finger under my EZABL the light comes on but does not stop the Z axis from crashing into my bed. I checked my wiring with a multimeter and there are no shorts or breaks in my wiring from EZABL to the board. I'm "ok" with programming Marlin but this is driving me insane. Meanwhile my printer is not usable as everything is hooked to the new board and I don't care to wire it all back to the stock board. I was trying to get on the discord for live help but apparently that's down and facebook is pending approval. Is there anyone that can help with this issue? I tried TH3D firmware but it will not compile to the LPC1768 based board, too many errors...even if I open a fresh config, set board, and compile, there's major errors. I'm using VS code to compile.

The only diagnostic I can provide further is that if the plug is pulled from Z_Min and I short the sense and ground pins when Z is coming down, it does stop. Another error is (and this may be windows) I was able to communicate with the board last night from the computer through a "smoothie" driver on COM 7, but now I cannot communicate with the board. Device manager has it listed now as Serial COM9 and will not accept a driver for it. SO I can't Send M119 to see what is going on as far as the Z_MIN being triggered or not.
Re: Help with Marlin 2.0.X and EZABL
December 07, 2019 08:02PM
MKS boards have a horrible habit of putting pullup resistors on all their endstops data pins.

This interferes with a lot of probes

The only way to disable them is with a soldering iron. or use a non endstop pin for your probe and update your pins.h file to match
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login