Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Getting Marlin 2.0 installed via a Mac Computer

Posted by Alwaysuptil1 
Getting Marlin 2.0 installed via a Mac Computer
February 09, 2020 12:43PM
Has anyone successfully installed Marlin 2.0 on their CR 10s using a mac? I get to the point where I have a .hex file but I have no way of getting it into the computer. I've tried following the methods using my Raspberry Pi and Octopi, but when I go to use the Firmware Updater it says the avrdude path is not configured. Does anyone know how to configure the avrdude path?
Re: Getting Marlin 2.0 installed via a Mac Computer
February 13, 2020 04:04PM
[Edit: I've just seen that I've posted a very similar post in the other post you made...!]

Yes...

I uploaded a Bootloader (to en Ender 5) using Raspberry Pi and the method on this webpage... (https://www.fission3d.com/post/flash-bootloader-and-install-firmware-with-raspberry-pi)

Now I can update with Mac and Arduino IDE...

In Arduino, you need to add several libraries esp the Sanguino one... make sure you choose Sanguino>ATMega1284p (16GHz) and the correct port (for the USB should auto find)... you may also need U8glib

But once the boot loader is onboard, when you open Arduino and the >Open> Marlin folder with relevant files, you can click upload and it will compile and upload...

Let me know if this isn't clear, or if I've misunderstood....

Vid

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2020 04:05PM by Vidius.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login