Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printer won't connect via USB with some firmware options enabled

Posted by cephalopd 
Printer won't connect via USB with some firmware options enabled
February 24, 2020 02:13PM
Hi all,

First time posting here. I'm trying to get my Ender 5 Plus upgraded with an SKR 1.3, TMC2130 v1.3 SPI drivers, and a TFT35. I've worked through a bunch of issues but have run into one that googling and videos isn't solving for me (or I'm not using the right search to find the info).

I'm using the latest Marlin 2.0 from the website and using Visual Studio Code and platformio to build my firmware. My initial attempt to do all the config at once failed so I've been going through one step at a time so I can identify where I am going wrong. I've currently gotten things to the point where I can connect to the printer via pronterface and a M122 returns my steppers are all good and the BLTouch is recognized. However there are a few features that are giving me fits. When I un-comment them and flash the new firmware my computer can no longer connect via USB. I get an error like this in pronterface:

[ERROR] Could not connect to COM3 at baudrate 115200: Serial error: could not open port COM3: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified.

If I go back to my computer and comment the line back out, rebuild and reflash then it goes back to working. The specific lines that are giving me trouble are:

#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER

#define MESH_BED_LEVELING //and associated lines prompted by platformio build

#define SENSORLESS_HOMING //This one isn't critical but would be nice.

On all of these I go in to the config files that work on the printer when I build them and then uncomment those lines out, resave, rebuild, and put the new FIRMWARE.BIN on the SD card and boot up the board. When I do that I get the error above when I try to connect. If I go back, comment those same lines back out, and then load that firmware it goes back to working connected.

I'm sure I'm overlooking some basic detail but I've exhaused the resources I know of to figure this out.

I've attached my working and "broken" config files for the Mesh ABL and can provide any other information that might be helpful.

Thank you in advance!
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration_Working.h (80.1 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv_Working.h (121.6 KB)
open | download - Configuration_MESHABL_Broken.h (80.1 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv_MESHABL_Broken.h (121.6 KB)
Re: Printer won't connect via USB with some firmware options enabled
February 26, 2020 08:43AM
Finally figured this out. It appears to have been the SD card - this issue here:

[github.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login