Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z axis stopped moving

Posted by arthur.abram 
Z axis stopped moving
June 13, 2020 06:52PM
HI everyone!

I am setting up a CoreXY printer with a SKR 1.4 board paired with TMC2209 drivers. And everything was going smoothly (x,y,z were working perfectly and E0 was next to be calibrated) when z stopped working.

I tried to swap the motors. all motors work until they are plugged in Z axis.

I tried to swap around the drivers. All drivers work well until they are used for the Z axis.

I tried to change the pin numbers thinking that i burned the board. But when i setup Z on the E1 place. It was not working. So because I knew that X was working. I switched the pins of X for the pins of Z and vice versa. X was still working on the third driver (Supposed to be Z driver) and Z wasn't working even though it was plug where X was working before.

All this to say that it doesn't look like an electronic problem but rather a software problem.

The only thing I did between the working Z and the none working Z was a M92 gcode to set the step/mm of Z axis. (M92 Z7.5). I reset the value after back to the original 10 I had setup when working well.
And still nothing. The motor of the Z axis lock itself when movement is requested but it is not moving. therefor there is signal to the motor.

I attached 2 .TXT files for the config.h and config_adv.h if you want to have a look at my config.

Thank you for the help, I am quite lost and don't know where to look anymore...
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration-h.txt (82.8 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv-h.txt (125.8 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login