Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

T1 command causes z-bed to raise

Posted by philm001 
T1 command causes z-bed to raise
August 18, 2020 02:21PM
Hello all,

I have an Airwolf Axiom printer that I am currently working on installing the latest version of Marlin on.

Good news, for almost a week, I have been working on this little project and I actually have it mostly configured. Self cleaning works, Bed leveling works. And I was able to print a calibration print on it! Almost there. I am not starting from scratch by mostly using their settings (I got a copy of their source for the firmware and I have been porting values over to Marlin 2. They were working with Marlin 1.). I do have some optimization questions but that is for another post.

Anyways, They have their start and end gcode that I need to run. When the print finished, bed raised itself and the print and the bed ended up colliding with the nozzle (Not all is lost, the print still came out. You will see in a later post)

I then started to run the GCODE line by line and what ended up happening is that the command T1 causes the bed to raise to Z1. How interesting. I believe that there is a firmware setting that I can correct to fix this. I do not want the bed to raise when a T1 command is executed. Is there a setting in the firmware that I can disable this from happening? I am currently eyeballing TOOLCHANGE_ZRAISE as a culprit.

Actually, this is happening for both T0 and T1. When ever these commands execute, I do not want the bed level to change (technically, it is ok to go down if needed but not UP!)

In case you are all wondering, I am working on the dual extruder model.

Anyways, what are your thoughts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2020 02:24PM by philm001.
Re: T1 command causes z-bed to raise
August 19, 2020 10:14AM
Anyone? Didn't think that the issue would be too hard
August 25, 2020 08:14PM
I have a similar issue, the z raises 2mm every time there is a tool change but does not lower 2mm to the correct height after the tool change. The printer is just squirting filament into the air after the first layer. I'm looking for a solution as well.
August 30, 2020 05:08PM
have you tried the latest bugfix? I downloaded (8/30), compiled and my toolchange zraise issue is no longer present
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login