Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

z probe is triggered but homing crashes head into plate

Posted by charlemagne 
z probe is triggered but homing crashes head into plate
December 14, 2020 08:12AM
hello

my configuration is a Ender 3 with SKR1.4 mainboard and Marlin 2.0.7.2 and TMC2130 stepper drivers

seem unable to get the z-axis to home properly. Wanted to use the stall detection of the tmc2130 also for z-homing. For x and y homing it works as a charm. This did not work. I don't know why (have tried to up the speed of homing and changing the sensitivity settings). Then I tried a mechanical switch. Using M119 I can see that the switch gets triggered when I expect it too. Alas the homing still does not work.

What am I missing?

thanks.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (88.6 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (142.3 KB)
Re: z probe is triggered but homing crashes head into plate
December 14, 2020 08:51AM
you cant get good enough detection of stalling with threaded rod or most lead screws
December 14, 2020 09:02AM
ok, thank you,

but that still does not explain why the mechanical switch does not trigger during the homing procedure while it is triggering according to M119?
December 14, 2020 05:31PM
If you have a end stop switch installed and you must remove the diag pin on the stepper driver or it interferes
December 15, 2020 05:50AM
thank you, read about this but only in combination with other boards and steppers.

tried it now, did not work. (I had a spare where the 3(?) diag pins were not connected to start with, Vref, Diag0 and Diag1 according to [learn.watterott.com])

did not expect it to work since the M119 command sees when the switch is closed so I expect this to happen during homing too so both hardware and (at least part of ) the software are capable of handling this information.

I still think I am missing a switch in Marlin but do not know which one
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login