Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another servo question

Posted by Mustang66 
Another servo question
February 04, 2021 01:07PM
Another servo question I can't seem to find any explanation is the DISSABLE_SERVOS_AFTER_MOVE. Does this work with the SKR V1.4 board and what does it do?
From what I found it is supposed to shut off the 5V for the servos. The only dedicated servo port is for the bltouch and I don't want to shut that off. I plan on defining another pin for use with a second servo. Is there a controllable 5V pin for servo power or would I need to define some pin to use for a relay to control the power to servo.
I can't yet find anything on what the DISSABLE_SERVOS_AFTER_MOVE actually does and how to use it.
I've searched for an explanation but have had no luck yet. I wish there was some better docs on Marlin that explained some of these options.
Thanks
Re: Another servo question
February 04, 2021 04:00PM
I've been looking at Marlin servo.cpp file and even though the description for DISSABLE_SERVOS_AFTER_MOVE says it removes power from the servos, it seems to look like it removes the signal from the servo pwm pin to disable the servo.
Can anyone verify whether I'm correct or not on this?
As far as I remember about servos, I think if you remove the signal it will not move at all.
Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login