Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printer will not Home Needing Help

Posted by Ndv19 
Printer will not Home Needing Help
October 04, 2022 04:15PM
This is a new posting of a problem that I started by saying Help Needed. I have worked this down to where a gentleman by the nave of Dust has been helping me. He asked for a video of my problem of which I never have done. I recorded a 33 sec video but it was to large for me to transfer to email. So now I have a 11 second video that I was able to create in a YouTube short viewing. I am trying to make sure the gentleman gets this so here goes .
The address of the video is (https://youtube.com/shorts/bD-WvoQPGAc). I hope it works. Dust has told me the configuration files are OK so I am not attaching them.
I am wondering if the Arduino 260 board is ok as the operation of the bltouch is fine as long as the USB cable is connected to the printer. Unplug the USB and printer functions, but when you try to home y axis the bltouch begins to flash and light is flashing, power supply seems to load up, and screen turns to blue and is fluttering in the background. The only thing you can do is turn it off.
Re: Printer will not Home Needing Help
October 05, 2022 03:03PM
Gentlemen,
I answered my own question about the Mega 2560 board and that is NO! I purchased a new Mega 2560 plugged it in and reloaded the the arduino.ino and that Wasn't the problem.
Let me reiterate that the X axis stop is on the right hand side as you look at the printer and the limit switch is plugged into the X axis Max on the ramps 1.4. The Y axis stop is in the front of the printer on the right hand side as you look at the printer and it is plugged into the Y axis Max on the ramps1.4. The bltouch Z axis stop is set on Z axis min. on the ramps 1.4.
When the system boots it is showing X and Y axis with 200 mm and blinking on and off with alternating question marks (??????) and 200 for location instead of Zeros (0000). All axis will move with the individual axis command. Both of the limit switches (or End Stops) are showing open.
When I tell Any axis to home Z axis moves up (like it should) and the bltouch starts blinking and nothing moves. I hear a click and the bltouch starts blinking and up and down activating. There is nothing on the screen as it is a blue background and is fluttering in the background.

There is a short video of the screen display at this site (https://youtube.com/shorts/bD-WvoQPGAc). That is all my phone would let me post to a email that I could download.
Please anybody have a clue as to what is wrong. I am desperate.
October 05, 2022 03:08PM
I must apologize as I forgot to attach my files of which I will do now. Also this was done using VS Studio and had a success at the end of the build.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (117.5 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (183.6 KB)
October 05, 2022 03:18PM
Do you still compile the fw with Arduino 1.18?
October 05, 2022 04:11PM
I am sorry I seem to have lost a decimal point in my typing, it is Arduino 1.8.19 which is the latest out there that I know of.Down loading Marlin 2.1 in a zip file, extracting it and opening Marlin and then Arduino.ino file to access Arduino configuration,h file and going from there to build a file and upload it to the board. Then hope it all works, of which it is not. Seems to be a problem there and in using VS Studio which I can access Platform.ino and there again compile a file which shows success but does not work in reality. This is why I have come to the site in hopes of someone being able to tell me where I am crewing up. I will try most anything, let me know please.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login