Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Save UBL Mesh with Marlin 2.0.5.3

Posted by hi_way_man 
Save UBL Mesh with Marlin 2.0.5.3
December 26, 2022 07:48PM
Hardware: Sovol SV01 with Creality V2.2 and recently installed BT Touch

As the topic indicates, I am trying (un-sucessfully) to save a mesh with my newly installed BT Touch.
I am able to perform to 100 points using two different methods, but I am unable to save the points.

TRY 1:
Main -> Motion -> Unified Bed Leveling -> Activate UBL
Main -> Motion -> Unified Bed Leveling -> Step-by-Step UBL -> 1. Build Cold Mesh
After the process, UBL is deactivated and I cannot save the mesh settings

TRY 2:
When all else fails, RTFM right? What about when the manual needs its own manual??

I copied the G Code from here:
[marlinfw.org]
Most of the web page is filled with CS jargon intended, I assume, for CS audience. Probably intended for those smart enough to set up Make files and Compile. I am not one of those.

It runs the same 100 point steps as before.
Then "Place Shim & Measure" appears on the screen. No idea what to do, so I just bypass. No direction on web page.
Then "Remove & Measure Bed" appears on the screen. No idea what to do, so I just bypass. No direction on web page.
Then "Fixed Length Prime" appears on the screen and the printer is offset 1mm from the bed despite -0.8mm loaded in the Z offset.
PLA collects on the nozzle as the XY moves in a grid pattern that resembles a quilt.
The printing finishes and "Mesh Editor 0.035" appears on the screen.
Then I find a soft wall to bang my head after I shut off the 3D printer. Too many bypass steps for my blood.

TRY 3:
The above link gives the following suggestion:
Issue a G29 S command periodically to save your mesh.
Aside from adding it in code, HOW do I issue this command? After the HOW is identified, WHEN do I issue this command?

Any assistance to get any of these methods to work for me is MUCH appreciated.
Re: Save UBL Mesh with Marlin 2.0.5.3
December 27, 2022 02:29AM
G29 S1 is a command sent over the USB interface via a program like Pronterface or Repetier Host.

Main -> Motion -> Unified Bed Leveling -> Mesh Storage is where to look for the save option

Configuration -> Save Settings should also do it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login