Posted by Nate523 
Cannot resume print after pause
February 01, 2024 11:29AM
Hey there,

I have the following printer setup:

ToAuto A 1.1 Pyramid (CR10 Clone basically) 300mmx300mx400mm build size
MKS Robin Nano V3.1 with TS35 Touchscreen LCD
X/Y/Z and Extruder steppers with TMC2209 stepper drivers
Marlin Firmware 2.1.2.1 (Should be the latest)

Attached is my configuration.h and configuration_adv.h files.

The problem is that if I pause the print, I cannot get the print to resume.

What happens is I see something going on I need to fix, need to change filament, etc ... so I use the touch screen to pause the print. The printer will go to the defined park position, X_Min_POS +5 and Y_Min_POS + 5, Z 100, beeps a couple times, and then just sits there waiting with the extruder and heated bed still holding temperature.

When I press the resume button either by using my finger to touch the button or the rotary wheel, nothing happens, it just sits there and never resumes the print.

Seems to be a common issue with Marlin firmware sometimes with specific touch screens when I was searching for an answer? Was wondering if maybe it has to do with the TS35 touch screen I have? OR maybe just a setting in my configuration files.

Thanks,
Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2024 11:31AM by Nate523.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (125.1 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (173.5 KB)
Re: Cannot resume print after pause
February 07, 2024 06:33PM
So been messing with this for a bit. Seems there is a lot of buggy stuff with the MKS Robin Nano V3.x boards and the TS35 LCD screen.

The first thing I found out from the wiki is that the TS35 LCD screen comes with its own pre-built filament detection and pause functions. I re-compiled the latest marlin firmware, 2.1.2.1 because it had the v3.1 env for platform.io. I disabled the ADVANCED_PAUSE_FEATURE in configuration_adv.h and the ENABLE_FILAMENT_RUNOUT in Configuration.h.

In my search there was an idea to change the pin #define's. Pause issue

However, they say to change "#define MT_DET_PIN_INVERTING true" which I could not find in my pins header file. Probably old implementation?

I did change it to this:

//
// Misc. Functions
//
#if HAS_TFT_LVGL_UI
  #define MT_DET_1_PIN                      PA4   // MT_DET
  //#define MT_DET_2_PIN                      PE6
  #define MT_DET_PIN_STATE                  HIGH
#endif

Disabled the second detection pin because I wasn't using it, and then changed the pin state to high because defualt low was treating the sensor backwards.

This seemed to work, I can now print, puase (also change park settings in the LCD screen, since it is built in.) and resume.

There is a caveat though, it seems if I start the 3D printer without filament triggering the filament sensor switch, it gets stuck in a pause resume loop and freezes the LCD screen (one time crashed it, restarted by itself), not sure what's going on there, but if I at least have filament in the sensor triggering it the following things work as I expected:

PAUSE/RESUME
FILAMENT UNLOAD/LOAD

Not sure if that is helpful, or just me stating something that should be obvious. Attached the config files and pin file.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (133.8 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (186 KB)
open | download - pins_MKS_ROBIN_NANO_V3_common.h (12.4 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login