Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z axis compensation problem with BLtouch

Z axis compensation problem with BLtouch
April 17, 2024 06:44AM
Hi all,
i have an issue with my 3D printer, an Ender 3v2 with the CR probe installed. I have installed this firmware GD-Ender-3 V2-Marlin2.0.8.2-HW-V4.2.2-SW-V1.0.7_E_N_BLTouch. I removed the z-switch, added the G29 code in the gcode, done the z-offset and the bed leveling, stored the configuration values, but when i print there isn't the compensation and don't adjust the Z-axis during printing of the various layers. Have any solution?
Re: Z axis compensation problem with BLtouch
April 17, 2024 07:35AM
if your bed it relatively flat and level, it is difficult to see any Z movement

Add a flag to to top of the Z so that you can see any movement easily. (a bit of tape woks fine)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2024 08:04AM by Dust.
April 17, 2024 08:32AM
Thanks for the reply, done your solution and it don't move. When i look the nozzle i see it that go far away and near the plate, example on the right the filament is pressed and the nozzle is very near the plate, the left part is the opposite, with the consequences of the first layer that is not perfectly attached to the plate. So it would be a "z" compensation! I think!
April 18, 2024 12:11AM
The way to activate bed leveling is different depending on what bed leveling they enabled

Most are G29, but Unified bed leveling is more complicated [marlinfw.org]

Try this test via pronterface

G28; Home all axes
G29; Probe the bed
M420 Z10; set z leveling fade height, this may say unknown gcode
G1 Z3; Move to Z = 3mm

then watch your flags and do
G1 X200 Y200 ; replace the numbers with the size of your bed, this will move to the opposite diagonal across the bed

did the z flag move at all?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2024 12:12AM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login