Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delta TMC2130 sensorless homing Marlin 2.0

Posted by Griem 
Delta TMC2130 sensorless homing Marlin 2.0
September 12, 2018 01:32PM
Hello everyone,

yesterday I tried Marlin 2.0 on my delta machine. I use the einsy rambo - yes, very exotic for delta machines. I also enabled sensorless homing:

I played around with the sensitivity but the Z axis keeps crashing. X and Y axis homing works fine. Any Ideas what to do?

Also homing a single axis with "G28 X" just homes all axis - is this command disabled on delta machines?

Thanks for your help!
Re: Delta TMC2130 sensorless homing Marlin 2.0
September 12, 2018 01:35PM
Same issue with Marlin 1.1.9

Is this feature not ready for delta machines or did I miss something in the config file?
Re: Delta TMC2130 sensorless homing Marlin 2.0
December 16, 2019 06:22PM
Some Homing Help for Delta.
Im using SKR v1.3 with TMC2130 (same as Einsy Rambo) and have also been struggling over getting Marlin 2.0 to Sensorless Home my Delta.
I had the same issue where the X and Y homed perfectly, but Z would just crash unless I used a physical endstop.
What fixed it for me was commenting out the #define USE_ZMIN_PLUG. This made the Z tower home the same as the others.
I also found that #define MINIMUM_STEPPER_PULSE 2 was Wrong!.
2 is NOT the correct pulse value for TMC2130s, 0 is..I commented this line out all together and used default value.
This was only thing that actually made sensorless homing trigger at all.
Until I commented this out, nothing was making a difference and StallGuard was never triggering.

Also, the homing code for Delta is not correct for Sensorless homing. See Thinkyhead's comment from Mar 17 2018. [github.com]
This is still incorrect in the latest Marlin 2.0. However it is now in the delta.ccp file.
This causes the printer to move all carriages only a tiny bit (juts a few microsteps) before homing individual towers.
This is fine if the carriages are close to the top, but if they're not, X starts to move up alone and jams up the printer.

I also noticed that if you have StallGuard Threshold set just 1 point to low, you will have odd homing behavior.
If X gets home first, Y just stops, then Z homes normally.
If Y gets home first X stops, then Z homes normally.
So either way, I end up with one axis not homed, and the other 2 homed

Anyway, I Hope some/any of this helps someone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login