Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Issue after Marlin Update to Version 2.0.5.4 on ANET A8 Plus

Posted by withewolf 
Issue after Marlin Update to Version 2.0.5.4 on ANET A8 Plus
July 22, 2020 12:45PM
Hi @all,

I am realy new to 3D printing and have just recently bought an ANET A8 Plus. Because I read in several articles that I should update the original firmware of my printer I decided to upgrade to Marlin version 2.0.5.4. I downloaded the files + the corresponding config file from github and installed it with VS-Code on Ubuntu - as described in the article below the download. With the first start of the printer there shows an error on the printer "Err: EEPROM Version" which I could solve by initsializing EEPROM in the printer menu. But now it found out that I can not control the printer via USB cable. I downloaded Repetier Host and the connection is working: Connected. But unfortunately no reaction when I try to control it. Same problem with Simplify 3D. Do I have to adjust something to make it work? If you need more information please contact me and tell me how to get to the informations because I don't know so much about it yet.

I have already tried 3 different cables as I thought they might be the problem but same problem on all 3.

Another information the printer uses board version 1.7 if help something.

Or can be that i have to buy a new board because i have broken it by firmware flash?

Im now until 3 days to try of solving this issue, strange is that i dont see an error on the printer.

Last point i have seen is when i connect to repetier host the printer makes eatch time in automatic a restart. (Marlin logo will be displayed and afterwards the normal printing informations - temperatures and so on).

If needed i can also make some photos and upload them.

Thanks a lot in advance
withewolf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2020 02:55PM by withewolf.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login