Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Max31865 with MKS_GEN_L board Ramps 1.4 board

Posted by sysimgrp 
Max31865 with MKS_GEN_L board Ramps 1.4 board
February 18, 2022 03:13PM
I am trying to upgrade to an RTD and I am having trouble getting Marlin to read temperature values on extruder 0. I am using an MKS_GEN_L motherboard and an Adafruit MAX31856 amplifier board. The adafruit library test program returns valid values so i am confident that I have the hardware connected properly. The issue seems to be with Marlin. I am using Marlin bugfix 2.0x. I was getting a clean compile but the LCD display would only show 0 for nozzle temp. If I tried to manually increase the nozzle temp I would get a Thermal Runaway error: E1 (not E0?). I decided to try changing the motherboard to Ramps 14 which the MKS_GEN_L emulates. Now matters have gotten worse. I can't get a clean compile now even when i change the motherboard back to the MKS_GEN_L motherboard. I am getting errors in fastio.h where it cannot locate an include file avr/io.h. I have read discussions and guides about getting the MAX31865 board working with other mother boards but nothing about a Ramps compatible. I am new to platformio so any help would be appreciated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login