Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Flash wrong firmware to screen...need help

Posted by FeLiXXX 
Flash wrong firmware to screen...need help
February 26, 2022 05:31AM
Today I want to flash screen on my sermoon d1 with new firmware but by mistake I put cr 6 firmware on it. Now the screen is stuck on boot of ender cr 6 screen and of I put the right firmware to sd card it wont start uploading firmware.
Does anyone have any idea if I can solve thos? Or is just bricked?
Any solution? Help will be appreciated
And printer is responding if I conect it with usb cable. If I press homing in cura it execute comand. Mainboard is creality v4.3.1

Yes I know that I f....d up big time...it was stupid...

But this is firmware for screen not for board. And now im stuck on this boot screen and I cant reflashed it with correct firmware for screen.

I try to upload new firmware to the board but nothing.

So where should I start? With board or screen? Shuld I try to disconnect screen and flas mainboard with firmware and then connect screen and flash it to? Does screen have any command to erase it so I can be able to reinstall fres firmware?

I'm still working on this board. Situation is same.
I remove the board from machine with power supply and screen so I have all on eye.
And I notice that if I try flash new firmware to mainboard it wont start uploading firmware. And yes I rename .bin file. I try few different sd cards but no success.
3d printer also not working correctly, it have reversed z axis and print dimensions are not correct.
So for now I'm focusing how to flash mainboard with new firmware.
Is it possible that I have problem with bootloader? Can I somehow put new one on board? How can I force mainboard to start uploading firmware?
Any suggestions?
Is there anything what can I do? Please I really need some help with this.
Attachments:
open | download - 20220225_194216.jpg (79.8 KB)
Re: Flash wrong firmware to screen...need help
February 27, 2022 04:41AM
Today I inspect all board to see why it won't boot firmware. And I found missing resistor at one pin of sd card port.
I guess it knocked it of when I was removing hot glue from ports.
So I guess it won't be possible to flash it via sd card.
Can I flash firmware with usb cable?
Attachments:
open | download - 20220227_103532.jpg (152.2 KB)
February 27, 2022 09:51AM
stm32 based controllers can only be flashed one way without additional hardware. from files on the sdcard

You can also flash them using st-link devices and even usb/ 3.3v serial converter (if you can get at the required pins)
February 27, 2022 10:57AM
Finally someone is willing to help...tnx
Little update. I did repair main board so I can successfully flash firmware for mainboard.
But my problem with screen remains.
When I try to flesh it with right firmware it wont start uploading new firmware.
I get this screen in attachment.
If I buy new screen will it work? But I prefer to somehow flash this one so it will work again.
I really don't know why it wont upload new firmware. I can't make it to get to blue flash screen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2022 11:02AM by FeLiXXX.
Attachments:
open | download - 20220227_165712.jpg (190.9 KB)
open | download - 20220227_170210.jpg (164.1 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login