Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DWC not saving settings on powercycle?

Posted by PDBeal 
DWC not saving settings on powercycle?
June 07, 2016 07:11PM
Is there some trick to making the Duet Web Control remember the checkboxs and webcam url on the settings section through a power cycle? Everytime I unplug the 12V powersupply and plug t back in, the Duet Web Control has lost what checkboxes selected and the webcam url disappears.
Re: DWC not saving settings on powercycle?
June 08, 2016 02:27AM
I used to have this problem too, but not on recent versions of DWC. Which version are you using?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 08, 2016 05:09PM
It is version 1.11, and I pulled it from github.com on 6/4/2016 and paired with firmware 1.12a-dc42 that was also pulled on 6/4/2016 from github.com

It also appears to be cookie related, as if I close Firefox and reopen it, it looses the same information too although I expected it would have saved this information somewhere else besides a browser cookie. Or if I open it on one PC and then open it again on my laptop, my laptop doesnt have the same settings that were checked on my PC without rebooting the Duet at all.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2016 05:11PM by PDBeal.
June 08, 2016 05:25PM
PDBeal
It is version 1.11, and I pulled it from github.com on 6/4/2016 and paired with firmware 1.12a-dc42 that was also pulled on 6/4/2016 from github.com

It also appears to be cookie related, as if I close Firefox and reopen it, it looses the same information too although I expected it would have saved this information somewhere else besides a browser cookie. Or if I open it on one PC and then open it again on my laptop, my laptop doesnt have the same settings that were checked on my PC without rebooting the Duet at all.

DWC no longer uses cookies (although it tries to migrate old ones), it uses HTML5 local storage. Are you sure you don't have your browser set to run in a private window, or to clear all browser history on exit?

You need to configure your settings separately on every browser and every device you use to access the Duet,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2016 05:26PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

June 08, 2016 05:49PM
Yea, all my browsers clear history on exit and the ones that can run in private sessions rather than storing any sort of information. If that's what makes it remember those values, I might have to just monkey around the html file and hardcode my options in there. I had hoped this might be some permission setting that didn't let it right some file on the SD card for storing the settings.

I'd rather not change my browser settings primarily because of online banking / bill pay / etc... I don't generally let anything remember passwords either for the same reason. Makes it harder to steal any sort of information is nothing is cached anywhere.
June 09, 2016 03:56AM
You will find all the default settings at the start of file model.js where it sets up the 'settings' variable. Those are the values it uses if no values are found in local storage.

PRZ
June 09, 2016 12:00PM
See here : Duet_Web_Control#Configuration [reprap.org]

Pierre

- Safety [reprap.org]
- Embedded help system for Duet and RepRap Firmware [forums.reprap.org]
- Enclosed delta printers Lily [rouzeau.net] and Lily Big [rouzeau.net]
- OpenScad delta printer simulator [github.com]
- 3D printing on my site [www.rouzeau.net]
June 09, 2016 03:09PM
Ah, that'll work for me then for that issue.

On a different topic but still related to DWC, is there any way to make the time portion of the graph display a longer time? I'd like to be able to use the temp graphs to tune the PIDs, but for the bed I think it would need to show a longer time period. I am assuming the data for the graph is stored within the webserver and not the Duet firmware itself, or even in the current browser cache of the live page.
June 09, 2016 04:27PM
Yes the temperature graph is generated by the browser from data that it stores. Chrishamm (who wrote and maintains DWC) is rather busy with other things at present, but if you can dabble with Javascript then it shouldn't be difficult to make that change yourself.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login