Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delta doesn't move like a delta

Posted by Ramon3D 
Delta doesn't move like a delta
June 23, 2016 02:50PM
Hello, I recently finished the mechanical part of my delta build and hooked up all the Endstops, Motors, heators sensors etc. on the Duet 0.8.5.

My problem is that when I tell the printer to Move to something like X10 (Through the PanelDue), it just moves the X-Carriage by 10mm, and all the others stay in the same Position, and don't get powered.

Here's how I did the whole firmware stuff:

- I Uploaded RepRapFirmware-1.13a.bin through USB according to http://reprap.org/wiki/Duet_Firmware_Update.
- I copied everything from the sys-dc42kossel folder which came with the firmware, onto the SD Card
- I changed some small things like steps per mm in config.g and I generated the bed.g with this http://escher3d.com/pages/wizards/wizardbed.php (I did the changes with Notepad++ if that matters..)

I probably messed something up along the way but I don't know what. I also tried to move it via Cura through USB, but that did the same. But when I tried to Home the printer it said "Macro file homeall.g not found."

I'd really appreciate if somebody could help me out, I also attached my config.g in case that is any help.

Ramon

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2016 02:57PM by Ramon3D.
Attachments:
open | download - config.g (3.1 KB)
Re: Delta doesn't move like a delta
June 23, 2016 03:12PM
Hi Ramon,

It sounds as though the Duet has not executes a M665 command to put the firmware into delta mode.

1. Did you copy the contents of sys-MiniKossel in the SD-Image folder of my repo to /sys on your SD card?

2. If the printer is in delta mode, the PanelDue will show just one homing button instead of three after connecting. How many is it showing?

3. You can also send M665 with no parameters, from USB or the web interface GCode Console or from PanelDue, to see whether the printer is in delta mode. If it returns some numbers, it is in delta mode.

4. Send M503 to check whether a sys/config.g file can be read from your SD card.

HTH David

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 23, 2016 03:35PM
1. I copied the files from sys-dc42Kossel, because my printer is not the Mini Kossel kit from think3dprint3d
2. it shows 4 the first one is just a house and then theres x,y,z
3. It said that it isn't in Delta mode
4. Yes it can read the config file

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2016 03:36PM by Ramon3D.
June 23, 2016 03:50PM
Okay it works now. I just replaced the files in the sys folder with the ones from the sys-minikossel folder.. I didn't really think it would matter that much which one i'd choose. Thanks for your help!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2016 03:51PM by Ramon3D.
June 23, 2016 04:51PM
Ramon3D
Okay it works now. I just replaced the files in the sys folder with the ones from the sys-minikossel folder.. I didn't really think it would matter that much which one i'd choose. Thanks for your help!

Strange, I've just checked and the sys-dc42Kossel/config.g file in my github repo does contain the M665 command. So that one should have worked too. It's the M665 command that switches the firmware into delta mode.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2016 04:53PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

June 23, 2016 05:22PM
David

could the Missnaming of the Printername in the orig Config.g (The P at the start of the name was missing) cause this effect?

Doug
June 24, 2016 03:19AM
dougal1957
David

could the Missnaming of the Printername in the orig Config.g (The P at the start of the name was missing) cause this effect?

Doug

I don't think so, but I haven't tested that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login