Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Temperature Fault

Posted by joestefano 
Temperature Fault
July 25, 2016 08:27PM
I have 2 hotends 1 & 2. while setting temp on #2 to 260 it reaches temp in 2 minutes within 25 seconds of reaching target temp the heater shuts off. I get a message: "Temperature fault on heater 2: temperature above limit" This does not happen with heater #1. If I raise temp on #2 gradually to 260 this does not happen. I swapped hotends and the fault followed the hotend to #1. Assuming I have a connection/wiring issue why then when I raise the temp gradually does the fault not occur?
Re: Temperature Fault
July 26, 2016 06:40AM
What's happening is that your #1 hot end is overshooting 260C somewhat and exceeding the default temperature limit of 262C. To increase the temperature limit, use a M143 command in config.g. See [reprap.org].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
July 26, 2016 07:04AM
If I want to set both H1 and H2 to 275 with the M143 command do I need to specify H1 & H2 or does M143 take care of both?
July 26, 2016 01:55PM
M143 sets the temperature limit for all extruders.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
July 26, 2016 03:56PM
Worked like a charm, Thanks David. Now back to the IR Sensor
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login