Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PanelDue locked up

Posted by PDBeal 
PanelDue locked up
July 28, 2016 07:21PM
So I had my wife start a print job earlier today, and when I get home it is printing but it appears as though the PanelDue locked up as soon as she selected the print file. At this point I'm calling it a 1 off issue as I've never seen it have this problem before, but while the Duet is running a print can I press the reset button on the PanelDue board or will that interrupt the print?
Re: PanelDue locked up
July 29, 2016 02:48AM
Pressing reset on the PanelDue will not interrupt the print.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
July 29, 2016 08:40AM
Actually, in this instance, pressing any of the buttons on the PanelDue did nothing. After the print, I powercycled the machine and the PanelDue would not come up and only displayed a blank screen. In the end I had to reflash the firmware to the PanelDue before it started working again. Not a big deal, I'm still chalking this up as a 1 time issue, but not sure what would cause it do what it did.
July 29, 2016 10:04AM
Is there any possibility that the Erase button may have been pressed?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

July 29, 2016 10:29AM
Would pressing the erase button while it is live still leave a picture on the display? The display had the printing screen with information about what file had been selected and then the room temperatures at the time of print selection, until I turned it off and back on again at which point came up with a blank screen.

At this point, I wasn't there when it appeared to be lock up so I'm not ruling anything out as the PanelDue isn't in an enclosure yet so the erase reset buttons are readily accessible for accidental pressing. That was actually what it was printing when I saw the screen was locked up was a remix of your 7" PanelDue enclosure with a slight angle added to the back to mount it to the top of my CoreXY and have it offset on a 70 angle.
July 29, 2016 02:29PM
PDBeal
Would pressing the erase button while it is live still leave a picture on the display?

Yes, the display would show whatever was on it when the processor stopped communicating with it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login