Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PanelDue Not updating heats

Posted by PDBeal 
PanelDue Not updating heats
July 12, 2016 11:27AM
So I noticed something last night, and I'm not sure if it was a bug or not, but figured I'd mention it.

I turned on my bed heater to 80C from the web interface, I did this so it would start heating while I was slicing the models to print. I then uploaded the gcode file generated by slic3r using the web interface. I then selected the gcode file to print from the web interface. At this point the bed wasn't at the 80C mark yet, but it was close and part of my slic3r pre-print code is temperatures.

I then walked over to the machine and looked at the 7" PanelDue, and then hit the print button. I noticed as the hotend was heating, it wasn't updating the display with the hotend temperature and only said "Printing" in the top right corner of the window. Flipping between "Control" and "Print" didn't updae the display either and it just showed the hotend was at 99C, but looking at the web interface I would see the hotend was higher and still heating up to 240C for the PETG.

The PanelDue didn't have the correct temperatures showing until it was at temperature and started the homing routine, and from that point it was all working normally. I only noticed this once, but its almost like it isn't updating the display while it is heating up the temperatures when you already set a temperature and then select a print from the web interface. Could have been a fluke, but figured I'd mention it. I'll check it again tonight and see if it's still doing it.

The 7" PanelDue is 1.14 and so is the Duet 0.8.5.
Re: PanelDue Not updating heats
July 12, 2016 12:24PM
The Panel Due should continue to update while the machine is heating, unless you used it to enter another command that had to wait until heating was complete. Let me know what you find when you try it again.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
July 12, 2016 10:03PM
Ok, I just did the same steps again, and I don't think its a fluke.

Turned on the bed heat, Uploaded a GCODE file, pressed print on it on the Web interface, Then looked at the PanelDue. The heats were counting (On the Control screen), I then pressed the "Print" button on the 7" PanelDue and it changed to the print screen, yet the heats were frozen at the last display from the "Control" screen. Swapping back to the "Control" screen still had the frozen display for the heats, until I cancelled the print. Then the "Control" and "Print" screens worked like normal with updating displays.

PanelDue Firmware 1.14
Duet 0.8.5 Firmware 1.14 (2016-07-02)
July 13, 2016 04:07AM
OK, I see what is happening. When you switch to the Print screen, it asks for information about the file being printed, and that request gets postponed until the heating has finished. I'll look at changing that in a future update to RepRapFirmware.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
July 29, 2016 05:27PM
I also noticed today, the pause function does not do anything if you start a print until the printer is at temperature, so if I start the wrong print, I've got to wait for it to heat up before I can cancel it and select a different file.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login