Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

reverse the z-probe trigger logic?

Posted by shadowphile 
reverse the z-probe trigger logic?
July 30, 2016 11:36PM
I built an opto-interrupted z-probe that goes low when triggered, but I can' find any way to invert the trigger logic. I tried P1 through P4 of the M558 commnad. When I built the circuit I thought I could simply invert the logic to match my hardware. Right now it is tied to the E0 limit switch because I was set up for an IR-probe.
Any help?
thanks
Re: reverse the z-probe trigger logic?
July 31, 2016 04:40AM
If it's connected to the E0 endstop input then you can use M574 E0 S0 or M574 E0 S1 to select the trigger polarity.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
July 31, 2016 01:23PM
Thanks. That little bit of info should be added to the reprap gcode page because that is the first place I looked.
PRZ
July 31, 2016 02:20PM
Inappropriate - sorry

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2016 04:58PM by PRZ.

Pierre

- Safety [reprap.org]
- Embedded help system for Duet and RepRap Firmware [forums.reprap.org]
- Enclosed delta printers Lily [rouzeau.net] and Lily Big [rouzeau.net]
- OpenScad delta printer simulator [github.com]
- 3D printing on my site [www.rouzeau.net]
July 31, 2016 03:40PM
there is no mention of E in the description of M574
July 31, 2016 03:51PM
dc42
If it's connected to the E0 endstop input then you can use M574 E0 S0 or M574 E0 S1 to select the trigger polarity.
I can't get this to work. M574 w/o parameters reports E as active high or low wrt to my setting but G30 S-1 always triggers on active high.
I have tried this with M558 P1, P2, and P4, and various combinations of M574 E0 or E1 with S0 or S1.
I have tried a few of these by editing the config file, uploading it then resetting, then homing. Most of them I just changed with the console then tried the G30 S-1 test.
July 31, 2016 04:39PM
shadowphile
dc42
I can't get this to work. M574 w/o parameters reports E as active high or low wrt to my setting but G30 S-1 always triggers on active high.
I have tried this with M558 P1, P2, and P4, and various combinations of M574 E0 or E1 with S0 or S1.
I have tried a few of these by editing the config file, uploading it then resetting, then homing. Most of them I just changed with the console then tried the G30 S-1 test.

M574 E0 S0 or S1 only affects the polarity when you have the sensor connected to the E0 endstop input and you use M558 P4.

I have it on my list to remove that option from M574 and replace it by an option in M558 that would affect all Z probe types.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 01, 2016 11:36PM
okey doke. already rewired it and it works fine.
thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login