Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DWC - GCode Viewer?

Posted by yonkiman 
DWC - GCode Viewer?
October 13, 2016 09:42PM
Hi Everyone - First post!

I've been using Marlin & OctoPrint with my DeltaMaker for 2.5 years. It's worked pretty well but I want to try new things so I bought a Duet Wifi and am looking forward to trying it with RepRap. I've been reading about Duet Web Control and seen some screenshots (and the cool simulator at [www.duet3d.com]), and I don't see one feature I liked a lot in OctoPrint - the "GCode Viewer", a top-down view simulation of what your printer's doing.

So I was curious what the DWC approach is. Does it have a feature like this? Or is it not a particularly useful feature and I just don't know the "right" way to monitor a print through the web interface?

This isn't in any way a complaint - I'm just curious how things work in RepRap / DWC land so I'll have a better idea of what I'm getting into before I disconnect my Azteeg/RaspPi and hook up the Duet...
Re: DWC - GCode Viewer?
October 14, 2016 04:00PM
DWC doesn't have that feature. There is a gcode viewer written in JavaScript somewhere I think so it would not be impossible to add it. Meanwhile, DWC displays the current and total layer numbers, the used and required filament length, and estimated times to completion so that you can get a good idea of print progress.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: DWC - GCode Viewer?
October 14, 2016 04:42PM
OK, thanks for the clarification.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login