Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap construction teacher/mentor wanted

Posted by ivanpope 
RepRap construction teacher/mentor wanted
February 20, 2011 05:44AM
I'm looking for someone who is interested in teaching small groups to build, calibrate and use RepRaps over a period of time. This is paid work but should also be great fun.
Give me a shout for more details.
London/South East initially, but I'm interested to hear from you wherever you are.
Thanks,
Ivan
Hello Ivanpope,

Can you give me details on number of workshops, group size, locations and estimated dates.
i might help you.

Thanks,

Peter
Re: RepRap construction teacher/mentor wanted
March 08, 2011 07:26AM
Hi Peter,
Initially, we're looking at doing two-day weekend workshops for up to ten participants. Each would get a kit of parts and all work together over the weekend to progress their build, coming together to learn key issues and to learn from eachother.
We will have working Mendels (or others) available and will show parts being printed.

We're also looking at doing other kinds of workshops and sessions on a more ad hoc basis.

Our aim is to run workshops wherever there is demand and tutors. However, it will take some time to build to this. We will probably trial this in London and the south east in the near future. However, there is no strict reason for this, it is just where we are.

Hope this is of interest. If so, maybe you could give me some idea of your background and involvement with RepRap type projects?

btw, it's probably quicker to email replies to ivan.pope@gmail.com

Thanks,
Ivan
Any chances that there may be similar workshops running up north at any point?
I'd love to build a RepRap under the guidance of a master winking smiley
but London / Bath are a little too far south for me...
Ta,
October 25, 2011 04:22PM
JEZZMUND Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any chances that there may be similar workshops
> running up north at any point?
> I'd love to build a RepRap under the guidance of a
> master winking smiley
> but London / Bath are a little too far south for
> me...
> Ta,

Same here,if you run a workshop up North (Manchester way) I would be interested in joining in.

Dave
October 26, 2011 09:03PM
This is very similar to what the Thames Valley RepRap User Group is doing. We are currently sourcing parts for 15 machines, and using members who already have a reprap (such as myself) to print parts for others. More info here:
Wiki page: [reprap.org]
Google groups forum: [groups.google.com]

We plan to pass on the lessons learned to other user groups, if they want it. Experienced members may be available for 'consulting' work, if needed!
October 28, 2011 04:03AM
Ruben (from the Netherlands) offers build party services. ruben-ikmaak on #RepRap IRC
I think its €850 or round that mark per machine and includes all the printer parts as well as print materials. Up-to 2 people per machine and it runs over a full weekend.

Last time I spoke to him he said the service was offered world wide. I'm not sure if you have to pay travel costs or not.

My Reprap blog

jds-reprap.blogspot.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login