Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lasagne

Posted by skoria 
Lasagne
November 18, 2008 10:32AM
Hi,

I just wanted to add something to the wiki on materials if it's of interest: apparently you can use baked lasagne as circuit boards, so maybe the reprap can just print the circuit on to it, so it can dissolve in time for dinner and you can re-use the electronics...

[www.sciencemuseum.org.uk]

Ale
sid
Re: Lasagne
November 18, 2008 11:03AM
lol

what to say... i don't know,
funny approach of printed circuit indeed, but who wants to print circuits to dried pasta?
Oh I know some caneloni steppermotor controllers to wrap around the framerods,
and some penne for opto endstops grinning smiley

'sid
VDX
November 18, 2008 02:10PM
... on the other side you can use pasta in the extruder for fabbing extraordinary 3D-food-art spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Or imagine a multi-head-pasta-fabber (pasta, minced meat, pesto, ...) for ravioli, complete pizzas or such ... smiling bouncing smiley

Viktor
November 18, 2008 02:14PM
Food fabber! smileys with beer

How about meal that can replicate itself? eye popping smiley
VDX
November 18, 2008 02:21PM
... call it "pet" and you have it winking smiley

Viktor
November 18, 2008 02:32PM
Chicken! smiling bouncing smiley
VDX
November 18, 2008 02:47PM
... uhh, ... ohh ... here you have to solve the "chicken<->egg-problem" - what's fabbed first?

Sometimes i'm thinking/speculating about 'genetic'-fabbers - imagine the possibilities, when you're able to change the genetic sequences of a bamboo-seed, so it would grow in a predefined 3D-shape ... or tool-handles from a walnut-tree ... or metal-parts growing on theri own like manganese nodules ...

Viktor
Re: Lasagne + wiki
November 18, 2008 06:02PM
I see this thread has evolved... smiling smiley

And I wonder if one day I'll be eating food designed using java based 3d modelling packages, hmm 3d pizza... but I must stop now or I'll get hungry.

But I should add that I only posted in response to the section on edible materials on this page:

[reprap.org]

After mentioning chocolate and icing sugar, it ends with this quote:

"Let's see, icing covers the sweet end of things, we still need salty, crunchy, and greasy extrudates in order to cover the four snack groups, and fabricate proper snack foods." -Brett

And I immediately thought of a friend who once told me that thing about lasagne(which is probably salty and crunchy, but not greasy, so any takers?) so I looked it up again to find a link, and wanted to add it but saw at the bottom of the page:

"Please send an email to the user list or post in the forums if you have any other ideas.

-- SebastienBailard - 16 Jun 2006 "

So that was a long time ago, but I came to the forum, and although edible computing is not yet attracting venture capital funding and for self replicating animals it's best still to invest in chickens, lasagne is not too different from what was already there on the wiki and I was just trying to add a bit, as you would on wikipedia. So who do I ask now in 2008?

Also it's all got a *bit* of seriousness to it, if it means it's easier to make stuff by cooking up some pasta rather than fermenting and oligomerising lactic acid with glycerine and nitrogen etc... But your call - I mean it's not like you can reprap out some lasagne boards, but it's something you could use together with it.

And while I'm at it, I'll cook pizza for anyone who comes to show off a reprap at dorkbot here in Bristol smiling smiley

I'll go easy on the electronic toppings, sorry couldn't resist(or)...

Ale
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login