Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some feedback on designs, howto make it printable etcetera.

Posted by Jasper1984 
Some feedback on designs, howto make it printable etcetera.
November 10, 2012 09:25PM
Just to see what i could do, i made some parameteric designs, but i havent tried it and dont know if they would work.(or rather, for what ranges of parameters they might work) And they're far from a finished state. For instance should add thread in some places, and the sizes that arent mathematic relations to eachother are still arbitrary.

I doubt the swivel would be very smooth, but -just maybe- smooth enough for a joystick-like purpose, but then the question is, will it wear too fast?(dont think so?)

The soldering iron works on the idea of holding the soldering iron with the hot tip hanging between metal plates that are clamped in the ABS/PLA. The idea is that the surface area of the metal sheets is big enough so that it doesnt get too hot for the ABS/PLA. The clamping of those metal plates might need work(for instance thinner walls there and a hole through the metal through which a screw can be put to pull it together?), and i am not sure if the iron would be held wel.. There are optional holes to hold it with metal rods, even when it is held well, the question is if you can stick the soldering iron in while working without thinking too much. Any other features than that, and not catching fire are side-nicities, i guess.

The 2.5d mouse trap has an obvious problem.. The trap bit gets in the way of the door.. Not really sure how to 1) ensure it works in the first place, how 2) to make setting it up convenient.. Maybe i should look at string based traps or something..

How do you figure out these things? I guess i will try them when i have a 3d printer.(well, likely modified versions of them)

There are also some things that maybe call for conventions? For instance, a standard way to make attachments to the swivel for instance to measure the angle(with IR) or a spring, or there are still 'free sides' on the soldering iron holder, making things attachable there might be an idea. Duplo-like stuff on those walls + duplo-like-stuff on [tape dispenser](http://physibleexchange.com/physibles/15) = table space saver. Stuff like solder spools or dril bit storages come to mind..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login