Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wades Extruder $10 Shipped in US, $20 world wide

Posted by spacexula 
Wades Extruder $10 Shipped in US, $20 world wide
August 23, 2010 11:39AM
This is part of the loaner program. To receive an extruder you must post a pic of your otherwise completed Cartesian bot with a note saying "I Promise" in front of it, in this thread (or link it). I will loan you 1 [reprap.org] . You are then obligated to, once you are printing, give away 2 extruders to two people you don't know.

I have already given away 3, I have 2 more that don't look so hot (my Z was REALLY wobbly, but they will work).

I will keep printing till everyone that needs one has one. (I hope)

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
Re: Wades Extruder $10 Shipped in US, $20 world wide
August 24, 2010 02:22AM
Great idea! If you want this to have weight at law, make it a trust rather than a loan.

In a trust, the grantor/settlor transfers a specific, identifiable object(s) to the trustee who must then manage them in accordance to 1) a trust indenture and/or 2) best interests of beneficiaries who recieve the benefits of the trustee's actions. A will is a type of trust.

Include a "trust indenture" which states intent ("I intend to create a trust by delivery of the res"), purpose ("the purpose of this trust is to spur reprap development by increasing cheap+easy availability of extruders"), parties (you: grantor/settlor, recipient: trustee, and beneficiary/ies: the class of people who may receive the two extruders) and res (the actual physical parts you send). The parts may need a unique serial number to satisfy "specific, identifiable object(s)".

I wouldn't make it viral though, otherwise the number of repraps must continue doubling indefinitely or your trustees could get into trouble.

Include some loan language too however, as some countries' law systems don't recognise trusts.

I'd love an extruder, but my cartesian isn't finished yet... give me time smiling smiley

-----------------------------------------------
Wooden Mendel
Teacup Firmware
August 24, 2010 03:18PM
No need for the law. Even if it had force of law I am not pressing charges over something that is of open design, and cost me like $1 to print.

The $10 covers my $1, so I don't really loose money, I just loose the $20 I could have made if I sold it. BTW the ones I am giving away are the lower quality of the ones I print. I basically set aside the lesser ones to give away, so the ones I sell are better quality.

September 18, 2010 09:05PM
[twitpic.com]

I promise!
September 19, 2010 09:20PM
PM sent, ooh BTW you owe me another pic on here when you attach it smiling smiley

srwalter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [twitpic.com]
>
> I promise!

November 11, 2010 02:59AM
I promise.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0259sm.jpg (500.5 KB)
November 30, 2010 08:41AM
spacexula Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> PM sent, ooh BTW you owe me another pic on here
> when you attach it smiling smiley

Took me a while. I ended up building a direct-drive pinch wheel extruder for my Repstrap. Now that I've printed a set of mendel parts and built that, I attached your exutruder to it. Works great!

[twitpic.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login