Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[US] For Sale: Complete Assembled RepRap MendelMax (Prusa Varient)

Posted by evilroot 
[US] For Sale: Complete Assembled RepRap MendelMax (Prusa Varient)
August 07, 2012 08:19PM
Please read the ENTIRE LISTING before PMing me qustions!

So here we have a complete, assembled RepRap MendelMax 3D printer. The design is based on the Prusa Mendel, but instead of threaded rod uses high quality aluminum extrusion for added rigidity and ease of modification.

Or as the creator puts it:

MendelMax is a new RepRap 3d printer designed by Maxbots. It is a true reprap, using printed brackets, but instead of using threaded rod for the structural elements it uses inexpensive aluminum extrusions. This gives a huge increase in rigidity for a minimal extra cost.

In addition to greatly increased rigidity, this design is faster to assemble, easier to print, has a larger build volume (~215x235x190 if built at the standard dimensions), and is easier to hack on.

MendelMax Website

I purchased all the parts and assembled the printer several months ago. Everything is tested and in working condition, however immediately after I was done with the build I gained access to an entire lab of working printers. Due to that this one never saw any actual use, and I'd love for it to go to a new home where it will get some love! Please note that you WILL need to calibrate it and likely make a few minor adjustments in firmware before you'll get perfect results. I never went much beyond doing rough calibrations and printing a few slightly lopsided cubes.

Here is the configuation:

Hardware:

MISUMI Black Anodized Aluminum Extrusion
Black ABS Printed Parts
All Sainless Steel fastening hardware (Metric w Allen-Head Bolts)
GT2 Anti-Backlash Belts and Pulleys (also from Misumi)
Precision-Chromed 8MM Rod motion system with self-lubricating brass bushings (X and Y axis)
Integrated Reel Holder (top mounted)
5x NEMA 17 Stepper Motors

Electronics:

RAMPS 1.4 with Arduino MEGA 2560
4x Genuine Pololu Stepper Drivers (And room for a 5th)
3x Opto Endstops
Heated Bed MkII with 10k Thermistor
No-name Chinese eBay power supply (you might want to consider replacing this, heh)

Hot End/Extruder:

MakerGear Groovemount Hot End for 3MM Filament
.35mm Extrusion Nozzle
Greg's Geared Accessible Extruder

Let me know if there's anything I forgot to list that you need more info on.

This is the ACTUAL PRINTER you will receive:

Excuse the poor quality cellphone picture.

The one difference from the image is that I won't include the glass plate pictured on the bed due to the risk of breakage. (its a simple $2 sheet of hardware store glass)

While fully assembled and working, do note that it isn't what I would call "polished". I didn't dedicate much time to routing the wires in an attractive fashion or working out tiny kinks. You WILL need to do some tinkering and calibrating before getting great results, do NOT expect plug and play!

That said, I'm selling it for around the actual cost of the parts involved (all of which I sourced directly from manufacturers). You get quality hardware and a well executed build, a fully functional machine, at a price well below what most KITS are selling for. A bit of tinkering and calibration and you're set to go. This machine will beat the pants out of nearly any other Prusa varient out there!

Asking $900 + Shipping/Packaging

Figure about $50 for packaging and and UPS Ground service to your location. I WILL NOT SHIP OUTSIDE THE US. Sorry foreign makers, but I just don't want to deal with the nightmare that is international shipping.

Local pickup in the Raleigh, NC area would also be quite welcome!

Interested buyers are welcome to message and chat with me on Freenode IRC in the #RepRap channel, nick "evilroot"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2012 08:36PM by evilroot.
Re: [US] For Sale: Complete Assembled RepRap MendelMax (Prusa Varient)
August 24, 2012 10:44AM
evilroot'
Is the Complete Assembled RepRap MendelMax still available?

If it is email me @ oborge@mwt.net
Thanks Olaf
Re: [US] For Sale: Complete Assembled RepRap MendelMax (Prusa Varient)
August 24, 2012 03:46PM
Its been sold already. This forum software doesn't seem to give you a way to delete or update the main post to reflect that or I would have already.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login