Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3Dstuffmaker - New Series of 3D Printers & Kits - Free Shipping Special Offer Worldwide

Posted by 3dstuffmaker 

Contact seller for more details :

Iprint Technologies Pty Ltd.
476 High Street
Penrith NSW 2750
Australia
www.3dstuffmaker.com
sales@3dstuffmaker.com
Telephone : +61 247 213386
Great to hear.. now evolution and creator too kits..!!!!
I want to become an re-seller for your products let me know the price details and best offers you can provide us. For a start provide me a details for one assembled Clasic Prusa and 1 Evolution.
Hi foster, please PM us or contact sales@3dstuffmaker.com

thanks
What is the standard nozzle size included with the printer??
hi david, we include standard quick print head 0.7mm / 100micron nozzle...smiling smiley
Is there any special price for PLA printing filament with the printers?
Hi simon,
yes we offer up to 2kg for $48 per kg if ordered with the printers.
thanks..
is the transit time 7 to 10 days same for mega prusa too??
hi david, shipping time differs for mega prusa kits/fully assembled. it takes 10-12 days, but if you prefer express mode shipping takes 3-4 days additional charges may applicable.
Hi 3Dstuffmakers

Let me know your nozzle head extruders varieties, I mean the nozzle diameter

Looking forward to you
eye rolling smiley
I'm new to all this but i'm really interested in your mega prusa. just wondering about the 3d print software and if it is compatible with 3d studio max 2014. thanks in advance.
-Jason
Classic Prusa: The Review
Hi guys, we bought the classic Prusa on eBay for $595 and requested express shipping to Australia and they offered it at no extra charge. It literally arrived in Australia within 3 days with FedEx express, super fast shipping. Assembly was fairly easy with an in-depth manual and it came with their own IP software (slic3r was built in). Note: This review is by two Industrial Design students who have never touched or assembled a 3D printer and started with very limited knowledge, so please excuse any misinformation.

Assembly
All the parts came wrapped nicely and marked with coloured tags and names, which was super convenient with the manual.
Electronics were pre-assembled so no soldering was required. It took us around 2-3 hours to assemble. You need to buy your own power supply though, but that was easy, we got one for $15 and it worked well, we also added our own switch. Oh did I mention that the manual kicks ass? It is literally step by step with great pictures and diagrams! 10/10

Assembly and testing video: [www.youtube.com]

Calibration
This took us a while as we were clueless about the endstops at first and forgot to angle the metal L plate into the endstop thus almost breaking the whole thing! But once we got it right, everything worked seamlessly with the computer program.

Print
Print quality was fairly good for medium-big designs while smaller pieces ended up looking horrible. It does not print well on kapton tape so we had to get Scotch Blue Painter's Tape which worked well but not all the time. Also note that we tried using the PLA temperature for printing and it did not work at all as it dried before even making it onto the bed. We had to use 230 (ABS) setting which worked well. The in built slic3r version is quite outdated, although it still worked well; at the consequence of using more material and time than needed. We tested the newer version of slic3r, which ended up saving us a huge load of time and material. The options for infill are much better. (Results will vary, just play with the slic3r settings) 6/10

Program
The program is very simple to use and quite enjoyed it, it reads gcode (slic3r file format) really quick and tells you how much filament is needed and the estimated duration. 8/10

First Successful Test Print: Bat Buddha

We were amazed at how detailed it looked during the print but when it got to the ears, the nozzle speed was moving to fast, thus the bad quality at the top.

Overall:
We're quite happy for it as a first printer. We find it quite useful (to use and as a learning tool) as we're both industrial design students although it might limit on what you can print, it basically works well with basic forms and shapes. Assembly is top notch easy, it even came with a batch of PLA for test prints! 8/10

Suggestions
- This kit uses a gen6 electronic board which limits you from using a heated bed, with a few extra bucks, you should upgrade to a RAMPS board, which is more accessible and expandable.
- Use Blue Painter's Tape for PLA
- I've been told that a 1.75mm nozzles are more efficient (this kit comes with a 3mm)

Where to Next?
Naturally, it has a great DIY look but it is very inefficient as the power supply and electronics board take up too much space on the table. We're currently designing an enclosure/case for the printer, which will be made out of sheet metal. The power supply will be mounted inside the case while the electronics board will be mounted on top. We're going to upgrade to a RAMPS board and a 1.75mm nozzle.

More updates to come.

Thank you,

- Andy & Justin
hi jason..thanks for your interest in our mega prusa..we are providing easy print software along with the printer and yes it works well with most of the cadd programs like autocad, solidworks, studio max which can export .stl 3d cad file.
Thanks Andy and Justin, we are very much appreciating your work with our 3d printer. we posted your review on our website homepage to show the new customers how genuine our printer is.
Hi Andy and justin

Even i have bought one mega prusa diy kit for and i'm very much satisfied with the way they handle in customer care, pretty fast shipping. and This is the first time I have assembled the 3d printer you won't beleive that i assembled this kit just in 4 hours, with their help of manual book. in next few days i will be here with some smaple printings.
Update: We just updated our Prusa structure! We call it the 'Titan'
We aimed for a compact, streamlined and aesthetically pleasing design. It was suppose to be made of aluminium, however we ran into too many problems with the waterjet cutter at our school and we didn't want to use plastic so wood was our preferred resort.

Watch how we built it.

We:
- hid the power supply inside the enclosure
- added a power switch,
- added a cover for the top bed
- moved the electronics board to the top
- added a spool holder (executed extremely poorly, we should've designed it better)

Some Hero Shots:

Thanks a lot guys!

- Andy & Justin
Hi,

Andy & Justin , we would like to say your Titan is just an awesome production, it is happy to see the evolution of our classic prusa like this.
Keep up the good work.

Thanks
hi cloe foster..sorry for the delayed response.. our nozzle diameters varies from 0.2mm, 0.4mm and 0.7mm. All of our printers comes with 0.7mm quick print head standard nozzle, you can order extra nozzles in addition to the standard.
Special Free Shipping offer - now we offer PLA for $48 per kg if order with the printer or kits.
hi andy..titans seems to be good..successor of prusa. is there any other development plans such as multicolor support, dual nozzle, abs support?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login