Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Aluminium insulation retainer for sale

Posted by EngPrint 
Aluminium insulation retainer for sale
January 09, 2011 11:18PM
[imgur.com]

Has your stock acrylic insulation retainer ever snapped? Have you been spending more time printing retainer rings than anything else?

I experienced all of these problems with my Makerbot (1429) and have solved the dilemma bringing peace of mind to any replicator.

EngPrint Inc presents an aluminium insulation retainer.

[imgur.com]

I am currently offering aluminium insulation retainers manufactured on a home-made CNC. At 3 times the tensile strength compared with acrylic this part can endure more punishing loads. Cut from 1/8 in (3.125mm) aluminium alloy (6061-T4) sheet, it fails at 5 times the elongation of acrylic (16% vs 3%), and it considerably tougher.

This stronger retainer allows for higher torque motors to be used, allowing for faster plastic deposition, and smaller nozzle diameters. The price is negligible compared with the time and effort which go into setting up a print, only to have it fail and perform a tear-down and clean the plastic mess and your machine. The peace of mind and value is unparalleled!

Using hand written G-code to ensure maximum adherence to dimensional specification, the retainers exactly match the diameter of your insulation. When ordering please specify your insulation diameter, if not you will receive a standard 5/8 in (15.875 mm). All parts are tested on both a PEEK and Teflon insulator for fit before shipping. As received it should fit flush with the barrel end and be a snug fit.

Feel free to examine the pictures I have uploaded and place an order.

[imgur.com]
[imgur.com]
[imgur.com]

Please post any orders here or PM me.

Pricing is 20$/unit + S/H, with greater demand price will drop. I ship from Canada using your desired service (USPS, UPS, Fedex, Canada Post). Payment is through PayPal and I am just in the process of setting it up to receive funds.

~~~~~~~~~

Look forward to new innovations from EngPrint Inc. in the future.
Re: Aluminium insulation retainer for sale
January 15, 2011 08:07PM
I forgot to mention that prices are negotiable, I own the means of production (the CNC) and the time to manufacture/sell is purely my own.

10$/unit is much more realistic, especially that it wont break.

If you guys think its too expensive, just write me and say so. If you also want something else made up give me a pm shout.

-EngPrint
February 12, 2011 11:00PM
Seeing that this post has failed to spark any orders sad smiley

I will be posting ASAP a variable nozzle diameter mechanism for printing for sale.

I am aiming for 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0 mm diameter nozzles.

This should greatly increase the speed of printing while overriding the restrictions of using a single diameter nozzle.

It will obviously require software modifications at a minimum, however the software as current is easily able to cope.

-EngPrint, a Canadian Venture.
February 13, 2011 05:46AM
EngPrint Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seeing that this post has failed to spark any
> orders sad smiley

Seeing as most people here have RepRaps rather than MakerBots, this does not surprise me.

The variable nozzle is interesting though. It gets proposed all the time but no one has been able to make one that works so far. Do you have a working prototype?

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
February 13, 2011 07:02PM
Once I get the time to sit and work on it it wont take longer than a month or two of spare time or a week of fulltime work. I have the basic design in my head and sketched on paper. I can't see any real difficulties at this point, just a matter of fabricating it. It basically looks like a gatling gun that is rotated on the y axis 30 degrees. The 'barrels' project into the Z, once i get a solidworks schema up it will make more sense!

I have my thesis defense planned for april-may, so once my draft is in I can do serious work on this project.
February 14, 2011 01:26PM
Definitely post in the plastic extrusion forum with your ideas once you start working on the project. There will be a lot of interest in it!

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
February 27, 2011 02:05PM
Thanks I ended up posting to the makerbot forum. If I get any revenue it will be directed to prototype extrusion development.

I finished up the solidworks 3d schematic for Variable extruder head and mount, I'm just placing the heater elements. Doesn't seem like it should be too tough to make. I'll try to make up a prototype out of mdf and post picture.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login