Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[FI] RAMPS + 5*Stepper + 6*Limits + MicroSD

Posted by mikropehmo 
[FI] RAMPS + 5*Stepper + 6*Limits + MicroSD
August 11, 2011 03:01PM
Without knowing anything from parallel world and work going on, about month or two ago I have edited RAMPS version 1.3 little bit forward. I like to have LEDS, so I added them :-)

Width of PCB is reduced to 100 mm to suit for some professional PCB factory limits to keep price down. Also tracks are wider, all stepper connectors are aligned and doubled (you can connect LEDs to stepper signals to start nice light show.)

There is also FET output status LEDs just like RAMPS 1.4 seems to have too.

Also there is some back emf protection possibilites for FETs (a cap limiting FET turn off time). Inductive back emf of heater or relay inductance can cause overvoltage, which will destroy FETs. Turn off time limiting will prevent it. A zener will do same job with bigger price. There is also a spare pads for protection diodes on solder side of PCB plus some extra filtering capacitors over the board.

Uncommon new feature is that there is also some pins for I2C signals and 3.3V output on same aligned row than free Arduino digital pins are. Why? I am developing a display and operation button front panel shield for this....

Because my PCB factory had actual limit of 100*100 mm, I also have panelized some extras:

5 pieces of Pololu Stepper controllers with 0805 sized caps and resistors. Bigger SMD components are easier to solder manually. Trimmer is moved little bit to allow bigger heat sink for IC.

As a bonus there is 6 pieces of limit switch PCBs, which can be filled with many types of different 4 pin optoswitches or even with mechanical microswitch (similar than Arduino reset button).

And finally there is a PCB area for MicroSD card. SD card reader will fit to AUX-3 connector. Bottom side of the PCB is 3.3V regulator and some LEDs to show card operations.

At this moment I have not tested the SD card reader, but its connections should be the same (with 74AHC125) than others have already proven to work. AHC125 is fast so it should work better even with fastest cards on market.

Attached is some pictures of whole set. I like to sell extra PCBs with reasonable low price.
I will add PCBs to eBay, paying with Paypal.
If interests, please ask more. Email is author name at gmail.
Attachments:
open | download - RAMPS 132.JPG (287.3 KB)
open | download - RAMPS 132 plus all.png (549.1 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login