Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Micro Metal Turning Lathe

Posted by comradechris 
Micro Metal Turning Lathe
September 18, 2011 03:38PM
I am selling a micro metal turning lathe on ebay, thought I would do some additional advertising here. The lathe is ideal reprap projects and I have used to turn many an extruder nozzle in the past smiling smiley

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150663809549

This item is about 1 year old and just recently had a full service and clean. Includes the two chuck handles required to tighten/loosen it. Further details can be found on the manufacturers website:

http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-sieg-c0-metal-turning-lathe-prod559017/

Key Features

Cast iron with ground, hardened slideways.
Belt driven with variable speed.
50mm self centring 3-jaw chuck.
Chuck guard with integrated safety lock.
125mm between centres and swing diameter of 110mm.

Product Description

A high quality miniature metalworking lathe, constructed to a very high standard around a cast iron, hardened and ground bed. The spindle is powered by a 150W motor though a variable speed drive giving spindle speeds of 100-3,850rpm. With a swing of 110mm and 125mm between centres this is an ideal machine for making small parts for models, integrating metal parts into woodturning projects etc. Weighing only 13kg this is a very portable but capable machine. Fitted with a 3 jaw self centring chuck with reversible jaws, single tool post taking 8mm tooling, splash guard and interlocked chuck guard for safety. The spindle thread is 14 x 1mm and has a 10mm bore.

Technical Specification

Model: Axminster SEIG C0

Centre Height: 55mm

Cross Side Travel: 50mm

Distance Between Centres: 125mm

Taper Headstock: No (Straight bore)

Height Over Cross Slide: 58mm

Spindle Bore: 10mm

Net Weight: 13kg

Overall L x W x H: 440 x 270 x 210mm

Power: 150W

Rating: Hobby

Spindle Speed: 100-3850rpm

Taper Tailstock: No (Straight bore)

Max Diameter Over Bed: 100mm
Attachments:
open | download - lathe.jpg (155.8 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login