Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Full RepRap parts required Blackpool UK Cash waiting

Posted by Booey 
Full RepRap parts required Blackpool UK Cash waiting
August 30, 2009 09:02AM
Hi
Iam about to start an engineering apprenticeship and was wondering if some body can help me source the parts to build a RepRap so i can get used to using cnc type control and save my self a fortune in radio control car, plane & helicopter parts!! winking smiley I have cash waiting for a full working machine or just the individual bits
Thanks
Tom
Re: Full RepRap parts required Blackpool UK Cash waiting
August 30, 2009 03:15PM
Hi Booey.

Many people have asked for parts.

Unfortunately, at the moment, it takes considerable effort and time to print off a complete set of parts for a reprap. Most of those with a working reprap are also working hard on their own projects and maintaining their own repraps, so have limited time and effort. This means that it often takes a personal connection to get the process started.

However, there are several sources of the parts:

You can buy a full kit (a slightly different version) from Makerbot (USA):
[www.makerbot.com]

You can buy a Full kit from BitsFromBytes (UK)
[bitsfrombytes.com]

You can get the parts made from a 3-d printing service like Ponoko:
You can get parts lasercut by Ponoko:

Try and find a local lasercutting/3-d printing service and get the parts made locally.

Try and get together with a local school/college/university as they often have production facilities, like lasercutters.

If you have access to a CNC milling machine or 3-d positioning robot, get/build an extruder and mount that on the existing robot.

Or - the most work (but a lower cost) is to build a low-tech 3-d platform yourself and print out your own parts. This is called a 'RepStrap' solution - there are some basic plans, but they are often adapted to what is available or easily obtainable in your area. Check out the Builder's wiki:

[objects.reprap.org]

There are several RepStrap blogs, describing progress building RepStrap machines.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

---
Reprapping blog and other rants: [renoirsrants.blogspot.com]
My Reprap: [sites.google.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login