Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap Parts

Posted by misbahkhan 
RepRap Parts
December 23, 2010 11:58PM
So, there are people here with RepRap's. And, more than 50% of the parts are reproducible by RepRap. Anyone out there want to print me a set of printable parts and sell them to me? How much would you charge? Anyone? I am extremely willing to build a RepRap, but I want to spend the least amount of money possible. So, it would be great if anyone could help me out. Thank you.

I apologize if this is in the wrong thread or anything.
Re: RepRap Parts
December 24, 2010 12:10AM
I apologize if this is in the wrong thread or anything.

No worries, thread moved to the "wanted" part of the marketplace. grinning smiley

What_Tooling_Do_You_Have?

Also, join the dev list, eh? You're probably a reprap developer.
http://reprap.org/pipermail/reprap-dev/

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
December 27, 2010 04:55AM
Hi misbahkhan,

We have reprap printed parts for sale on eMAKERshop. If there is something you want which isn't currently listed, let me know and I can quote you for it.

Regards,
Jean-Marc.

eMAKER-blue-2.png

[emaker.io]

[emaker.limited]
February 09, 2011 02:20PM
I am selling the Mendel or Prusa Mendel plastic parts for a $100 pledge on my kickstarter.com project (Link-[kck.st]) That's a lot lower than I've seen on eBay. The only catch is (isn't there always) that I am waiting shipment on my mendel kit and still need to build and configure it. But if you're willing to wait, it's a good deal. Let me know if your'e interested.

-John, San Diego, CA

www.youtube.com/user/GeoDroidJohn

MrJohnEcker on Twitter, Gmail
February 13, 2011 07:19AM
Hey Mr John

You seem to have gathered a number of backers there.

I do wonder though if you are not lining yourself up for a lot of work.

For $1 you will produce the prusa mendel parts at cost. What is at cost? Just plastic cost or is it plastic and electricity or does it include time?

$900 for a fully built and tested Mendel!! I see though you have limited this option to only one, which is a smart move.

A good way to get funding, but you are going to be very busy trying to deliver on your promises. Good luck.

I have wondered in the past what guarantee these backers have that their prizes will be delivered?

Cheers
February 14, 2011 10:52AM
Yes, I'm overwhelmed with the support my project is receiving. About the work, I am starting to wonder that same thing myself. I have been clear in my timetable to deliver on the rewards. I'll use the updates section of the project to log my project's progress. No one could get mad that their random object from thingiverse.com isn't printed when my machine is not working. Likewise with those that have selected to receive RP parts. I want everyone to get quality parts, even if it takes some time to get the bugs worked out.

The Prusa parts will be at my best estimate of my own cost. Such factors as the weight of plastic, electricity used (Kill-O-Watt Meter) and shipping. (I still have yet to find a straight answer on how much Prusa RP parts cost to print here on the forums.) I'm guessing right around $100 per set. But this reward doesn't only apply to RP parts as a full set. If someone wants a prototype printed, the $1 pledge gains them access to print anything at cost.

The $900 level is slightly cutting my own throat. If I purchased the exact same kit I'll be starting with. But since I can print my own parts I will do so and grab a Prusa Kit or source the parts locally, saving a lot of money. I hope to break even when that reward is fulfilled. It's going to be a great learning experience!

There doesn't seem to be a definite time that I must fulfill everything. As long as I keep everyone updated and I am honest about my progress that's all that can be done. The printer will be ready when it's ready. And I will try hard to make that happen quickly. The backers always have the option to take unfulfilled rewards to small claims court or dispute it with Amazon.com. If a backer becomes antsy-in-the-pants and wants the reward “NOW” then I will refund his pledge.

Thanks for the question!

Regards,

-John, San Diego, CA

www.youtube.com/user/GeoDroidJohn

MrJohnEcker on Twitter, Gmail
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login