Shoot for the Moon!
The 3ft tall TALLCAT has a vertical build area of 640mm.
This is a Pyramid Repstrap made with all 1-Dimensional 90 degree cuts.
The 1X2 and 1X2 TALLCAT are RepRap class 3D-printers that can be built with access to only a drill-press and hand-saw. The parts for the entire system can be made with one-dimensional tools, straight cuts and common materials.
607mm tall single-walled tube(40mm diameter).
Print Time: 5hr40min
This machine is made by: mrkimrobotics.com
The TALLCAT turns its biggest weakness, long flexible rods, into a strength by using the flex to triangulate the frame into a pyramidal structure. The rods bend out of the way of the z-bearing blocks as they ascend from the inside of the pyramid to the outside. This makes full end-to-end travel possible even with a highly acute frame.
- Eliminated frame spacers.
- Eliminated 45mm M3 bolts.
- Eliminated 25mm X-motor spacers.
- No more asymmetrical countersinks.
- Lower Table increases active Z-Travel.
- X-Travel increased to 160mm.
- Lighter X-Assembly.
- Simple pinch belt clamp has easy tension adjust and requires no through holes in the belt.
- Vinyl shaft stops
- Dual Pivoting footed vertex allows adjustable bearing block alignment.
- The Y-Carriage version is working.
- The stepper-driven conveyor-y-axis is physically sound but the control system is still being developed so it is experimental.
Version 3.0 has been reduced to a single part.
The v3 y-carriage integrates an adjustable build platform and bearing assembly in a single layer.
This design uses:
(4) 3"-5/16" carriage bolts
(8) 608 bearings
(12) 5/16" washers
(16) 5/16" nuts
(2) #6 x 1" wood screws
(2) M4 nuts for spacers
(2) M4 fender washers
Note: The timing belt now faces outward so the smooth side rides on the pulley.
There are (3) 608 pulleys for the belt mounted on the threaded frame rods.
This version uses traditional toothed timing belts and a 1x2 only Y-carriage design.
Video: <videoflash type="youtube">_WT4x1lXV2I|320|240</videoflash> <videoflash type="youtube">yagJJwZvnTQ|320|240</videoflash>
Changelog: v2.5.1 26.5mm spacing for 5//16" rail. Dual table supports. Center belt mount.
Scoop Extruder v2.5.3:
Version 2.5.3 experiments with a shorter 58mm body to make the central bore easier to drill.
It is slightly more compact and has a shorter distance after the drive gear.
Parts Y-Conveyor Version:
This is the original set of parts for the conveyor-belt y-axis version.
(4) 36"-5/16"-18 Threaded Rod Zinc
(2) 36"-5/16" round rod
(9) 12"-5/16"-18 threaded rod
(2) 36"-5/16"-18 Threaded Rod Zinc
Y-axis rails:</br> (2) 12"- 5/16" round rod
X-axis rails</br> (2) 5/16" round rod 350mm length
Thingiverse page parts list: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:7317