This is a project which will create a CNC controlled filament winding machine. The machine can also be used as a coil winder, but the focus is on filament winding. The machine is build by 3D printable parts and cnc parts... Later on, a software toolchain will be created... I call that project YA*wM which stands for YetAnother(Roving)windingMachine.
- turn-based winding machine, the core rotates
- 2 degrees of freedom (C and Z direction), that means, the core rotates (C-axis) and the shuttle can be shifted (Z-axis)
- the core can be up to 1m long and 0.2m in diameter
- will use a Nema23 for C axis and nema17 for z axis
- the controller will be based on a modified Gen7 electronics, and will use a modified firmware
- the software will be some python scripts generating gcode which can be send to the controller board
- uses 16mm steel rods and 16mm linear bearings
- belt driven like a standard mendel x carriage...
- the figures shows the axis in an early stage