kinds of extruded aluminum
T-Slot is one of the most popular categories of extruded aluminum -- VSlot, fischertechnik aluminum beams, 80/20 beams, MakerBeam, OpenBeam, MicroRAX -- see T-Slot for more details.
- official site: http://www.inventables.com/technologies/makerslide
- "Kickstarter: MakerSlide Open Source Linear Bearing System"
YesRail, apparently designed for the P2f RepStrap, is a rail system "based on Open Rail and MakerSlide".
OpenRail: Linear V rail universal mounts to t-slot extrusion
aluminum L rails
Makeblock: typically used for small desktop models
- open-source modular extruded aluminum system
- Wired: "Robotics Hacker Erects Open Source ‘Lego for Adults’"
- Kickstarter: "Makeblock : Next Generation of Construct Platform"
grid beam: square beams with a line of holes: typically used for furniture and street signs
- Eiffel mentions "pre-drilled square beams".
- square tube construction techniques
- The square metal tubes with round holes in the side pictured in "Pull Yourself Together, Bot!" look a *lot* like grid beam -- would "real" grid beam work just as well?
- 2020 T Slotted Aluminium Extrusion
- 2020 V Slotted Aluminium Extrusion
- 2040 V Slotted Aluminium Extrusion
- 2060 V Slotted Aluminium Extrusion
- 2080 V Slotted Aluminium Extrusion
Extruded rectangular aluminum tubes:
- "Parametrically Designed XY Motion Stage", apparently part of the thesis "Rapid Prototyping of Rapid Prototyping Machines" by Ilan Ellison Moyer.
square metal tubes, that later have holes drilled only where bolts are needed, as in T-Rep 0 (the progenitor) and Strapzilla and TeeBot <flickr>3951997454|none</flickr> <flickr>5084805984|right</flickr>