This page describes the K extruder for RepRap Mendel.
This extruder is designed to work with a supply of 3mm diameter plastic feedstock. If you want to use 1.75mm diameter plastic, see this extruder instead.
The K Extruder is based on Minimalistic Mk7 replacement.
I wanted to design a single extruder driver that could
- Be bolted to the X carriage of Mendel and run as a normal extruder,
- Be mounted with J Head Nozzle, and
- it is easy to assembly.
- A small filament driver means that the motor runs on low current;
- We use screw tap to make the filament driver;
- A large motor with high torque, do not need gears;
- Uses the 623 bearing;
- Designed to work at higher extrude speeds than the old Mendel extruder, giving shorter build times;
- The back is open to make it easy to clean the teeth of the drive gear.
Where to get it
- rp3d.com: rp3d.com
The PDF version can be found here:K_Extruder.pdf