The Lulzbot TAZ is a heavily modified 3D printer inspired by the RepRap Mendel90 and Prusa i3 3D printer. Most of the changes made were for future modifications, strength, precision, and longevity. Otherwise, the Lulzbot TAZ is very similar to the popular Prusa i3/Mendel90 build.
Here you will find more info about the printer, where you can buy one, how to get your Lulzbot printer setup and running, and version updates.
Obtaining a TAZ
Currently you can order a TAZ from our LulzBot.com store on it's product page. We process orders for our assembled printers within 1 business day. We only list items on our store that are currently in stock and ready to ship. With that said, you can expect to receive your printer within 5 business days after completing your order (within the US).
The TAZ is an assembled 3D printer including all of the needed hardware and electronics to print ABS, PLA, Nylon, HIPS, PVA, and Laywoo-D3 wooden 3D parts. With simple modifications it can print in polycarbonate.
- Print Surface: Heated Borosilicate glass bed covered with PET film
- Usable Print Area: 298mm x 275mm x 250mm (11.7in x 10.8in x 9.8in)
- Top Print Speed: 200mm/sec (7.9in/sec)
- Print Tolerance: 0.1mm (0.0039in) in X and Y axes. Z axis is dependent on layer thickness
- Layer Thickness: 0.075mm to 0.35mm (0.003in - 0.0138in)
- Supported Materials: ABS, PLA, Nylon, HIPS, PVA, and wood filaments
- Usable Filament Sizes: standard 3mm (0.1in)
- Overall Dimensions: 680mm x 520mm x 515mm (26.8in x 20.5in x 20.3in)
- Weight: 11kg (24.25lbs)
- Power Requirements: 115 - 230 VAC, with region-specific power cord
- Temperature: Maximum operating temperature (Extruder), 240C (464F)
- Temperature: Maximum operating temperature (Heated Bed), 120C (248F)
- Complete documentation including a detailed manual with information for unpacking the printer, setup, downloading and using software, and starting your first print.
- Unpacking Guide
- Integrated LulzBot Filament Spool Holder
- Filament Feedtube
- Filament Feedtube Holder
- Toolkit bag
- 15 Piece Metric Hex Key Set
- Pliers, Needle Nose
- Standard Precision Knife
- Dental Pick
- Flathead Bristle Brush
- Part Removal Knife (clam knife)
- Metric Ruler
- Acetone-safe Bottle (acetone not included)
- No-Maintenance Budaschnozzle: 0.35mm Nozzle
- 90 Day Warranty
- 90 Day Support
Firmware files have the default settings configured for the LulzBot printers. The only thing you will need to change are the e-steps. The e-steps settings for you printer can be found on the printer information sheet you should have received with the printer.