This product is a carrier board or breakout board for TI’s DRV8825 stepper motor driver; we therefore recommend careful reading of the DRV8825 datasheet (1MB pdf) before using this product. This stepper motor driver lets you control one bipolar stepper motor at up to 2.2 A output current per coil (see the Power Dissipation Considerations section below for more information).
1. The calculation method of driver current: i = vref x 2 potentiometer has three pins, the voltage Vref is with a multimeter test for the 8825 direction of the pin, the current can be adjusted by potentiometer . It will increase clockwise, oppositely , reduce counterclockwise.
Refer to the following picture :
2. The normal wiki 8825 defaults Vref about 1.6v,current 3.2A. So it will easily burn and break if not adjust the current before use .
3. MKS 8825 defaults Vref about 0.65V,current 1.3A(Max 2.5A), after optimization design, so that it will use more safely .
1. Simple step and direction control interface.
2. Six different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, 1/4-step, 1/8-step,1/16-step, and 1/32-step.
3. Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates.
4. Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay).
5. 45 V maximum supply voltage.
6. Built-in regulator (no external logic voltage supply needed).
7. Can interface directly with 3.3 V and 5 V systems.
8. Over-temperature thermal shutdown, over-current shutdown,and under-voltage lockout.
9. Short-to-ground and shorted-load protection.
10. 4-layer, 2 oz copper PCB for improved heat dissipation.
11. Exposed solderable ground pad below the driver IC on the bottom of the PCB.
12. Module size, pinout, and interface match those of our A4988 stepper motor driver carriers in most respects (see the bottom of this page for more information).
We also carry a DRV8824 stepper motor driver carrier that can serve as a direct substitute for the DRV8825 carrier when using lower-current stepper motors.The DRV8824 can only deliver up to 0.75 A per coil without a heat sink (1.2 A max with proper cooling), but it has larger current-sense resistors that allow for better microstepping performance than the DRV8825 carrier at low currents.
The only way to tell our DRV8824 carrier apart from the DRV8825 carrier is by the markings on the driver IC; if you have a mix of the two, you might consider marking them (there is a blank square on the bottom silkscreen you can use for this). For lower-voltage applications, consider our pin-compatible DRV8834 carrier, which works with motor supply voltages as low as 2.5 V. This product ships with all surface-mount components-including the DRV8825 driver IC-installed as shown in the product picture.
Use on ramp1.4
Use on Megatronics : 1. Look out the driver direction ; 2. Insert the 4 jumper wires cap .
Size : 1.5mmX2mm (the same size with4988)
Driver current : 2.5A
Microstep: 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32
Made by SMT, Higher yield, stable performance .
Compare with 4988:
1. Max 2.5A
2. Support 32 microstep
3. 4-layer PCB, 2Oz copper, good heat dissipation
4. The internal resistance of chip is smaller and produces lower heat,which is conducive to heat dissipation.
1. The situation requires the use of stepper motor driver.
2. 3Dprinter ,cnc , carving machine, etc .
3. Support 3D printer with Prusa Mendel, ultimaker, printbot, makerbot etc .
4. Refer to Arduino code , direct drive motor.
You have to look out the direction when install ,otherwise ,the driver will be broken.