SPANISH: Intentando construir una Prusa 3 en Castellón.
ENGLISH: Just trying to build a Prusa 3 in Spain.
Contact me if you want some wiki page translated from Spanish to English or vice versa. Mi primary language is Spanish though, so I need someone to verify there are no grammatical errors and/or general nonsense after the translation.
If you want me to translate some page from the "Clone Wars Project" there are some things you need to know first:
- That project is focused on Spanish builders only (trading in Spain, meetings, info about local shops, etc).
- 90% of the wiki pages are just personal build logs.
- That genealogy tree you see is just the genealogy of individual machines, not the genealogy of new designs.
- There are only a few original designs in the project, like the Shiva Hot-End.
- There is a little game we play inside the project, in which builders get ranks based on their printer completion, i.e. padawan = still building the printer, jedi = printer finished, jedi master = printed a complete set of parts for a child machine, etc.
- You can find good general info there, such as general build info of each design, BOMs, video tutorials, etc.
- We are very active documenting stuff, though only in Spanish for the moment.
From IRC (2012-11-23) (note: kthx is a bot):
[14:40] <buZz> ideal steppers? [14:40] <kthx> ideal steppers are NEMA17 size, rated 1.5A to 1.8A or less, 1-4 volts, 3 to 8 mH, 62oz.in (44Ncm, 4.4kg.cm) or more of torque, 1.8 or 0.9 degrees per step (200/400 steps/rev respectively), for example the kysan 1124090/42BYGH4803 or the 17HS8401
There is a good pile of knowledge here, must investigate: http://bot.kthx.nl/bot/factoid