Currently working on:
- SAE Prusa Mendel (ebay kit with abs parts)
- Wade's Geared Extruder
- Acrylic bed with blue tape (PLA @ 210C sticks reasonably well)
- PCPowerSupply (18A @12V) hacked down to the necessary wiring, with a soft power switch and an LED mounted on the front
- RAMPS1.3 electronics from ultimachine.com with mechanical endstops
- arcol.hu hot end with a 0.35mm nozzle, version 3.0? (milled aluminum heat sink)
- Sprinter Firmware super easy RAMPS 1.3 setup with the latest version
- HP Mini 311 netbook (Windows XP)
- 2011 May 25: Began build (received eBay RP parts and vitamins, bought and cut steel rod).
- 2011 Jun 17: I am able to print ultimachine PLA using XP, FiveD for RAMPS, and RepSnapper.
- 2011 Sep 09: Upgraded to Sprinter, Pronterface and SFACT. Now printing PLA 0.25 layers super fast.
- I find that I need a fan blowing onto the print area to keep PLA from sagging on small or thin walled parts. My x-carriage has a couple unused screw holes in front, so I SCAD-ed up a couple 135 degree angle pieces to hold a (40mm?) fan that blows down towards the part (I haven't needed to cool the hot end yet, my respect to arcol!).
- My Y axis belt was vibrating a bit, and rather than remove the bed to tighten the belt I printed a belt tensioner (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:10082) which got rid of most of my backlash.