FoldaRap Distributed Manufacturing
How to join ?
If you want to join you must have a well calibrated printer. The quality test is as following :
- Print the 20x20 test part  and measure it with a caliper
- If the number looks good try it on a piece of 20x20mm extrusion (ask for a sample if you don't have one)
- If it can fit, try something harder : a hinge-inner
- Then a Z-top
- And as the most difficult part : a x-motor (it must slide without play nor friction)
- Ultimately you can send me the printed parts for a last verification, and I'll give you a note on three criterias
- Quality : does the parts looks good ?
- Precision : if the extrusion profile can fit with little or no force
- Motion : if the part slide well on the profile
If the parts are good enough you'll be welcome to join the network :)
Google-group here : https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/fdmn
Actual State of stocks/production
Check the google docs spreadsheet
The names in bold are those that sended me parts and who have passed a basic quality control.