Prusa i3 Rework Introduction
English • العربية • български • català • česky • Deutsch • Ελληνικά • español • français • hrvatski • magyar • italiano • română • 日本語 • 한국어 • lietuvių • Nederlands • norsk bokmål • polski • português • русский • 中文（中国大陆） • 中文（台灣） • עברית •
Release status: working
The purpose of this document is to provide a visual guide needed to build a Prusa Mendel i3 3D Printer.
The machine and the assembly instructions are licensing by GPL. Files are available here :
Prusa Mendel i3 presentation
The Prusa Mendel i3 is the third version of the open source 3D printer Prusa Mendel. Our version is based on an aluminium frame cut by water jet cutter and threaded rods. Axis motion are made on linear bearings, belts and pulleys or threaded rods and NEMA 17 motors.
Table of contents
- Bill of materials
- Y-axis assembly
- X-axis assembly
- Connecting X-axis and Z-axis
- Motor assembly
- X and Y-axis motions
- Heated bed assembly
- Extruder assembly
- CNC Assembly
- Electronics and wiring
- Extruder upgrade: Magma Hotend (by Trinity Lab) support.
- New cooling fan duct for Magma Hotend.
- Y Idler with a tensioner system.
- X End Idler with endstop holder.
- Upgrade X End Idler in order to support 624 bearing.
- Y Motor with endstop holder.
- Addition of Z endstop Holder in situ.
- Addition of a Dremel FlexShaft Attachment for 3 Axis CNC Milling.